Did you know that the National Building Museum is one of the most family-friendly awe-inspiring spots in Washington, DC?
Located just four blocks from the National Mall, the Museum occupies a magnificent building with a soaring Great Hall, colossal 75-foot-tall Corinthian columns, and a 1,200-foot terra cotta frieze has new and exciting family activities.
EVERY DAY the National Building Museum offers an array of activities for KIDS - CLICK HERE for the schedule!
Also, only at the National Building Museum can the concepts of PLAY, WORK and BUILD be combined to create an exhibition that will enthrall kids and adults alike.
Conceived in partnership with the internationally renowned design firm the Rockwell Group, PLAY WORK BUILD combines:
- The Museum’s world-class Architectural Toy Collection
- A hands-on block play area - with both individually sized blocks and SUPERSIZED foam blocks and
- An original digital interactive where you'll get to fill an entire wall with virtual blocks - and then KNOCK THEM DOWN!
Snag this fabulous five dollar admission deal to the National Building Museum - and enjoy a day of WARM, INDOOR FUN.
Here's the buzz on PLAY WORK BUILD ....
"Parents and children may want to consider putting down the video games and picking up the building blocks. A new exhibit on playing with blocks has opened in Washington, D.C."— USA TODAY
"PLAY WORK BUILD is both an extension and an elaboration on one of the museum’s primary missions, to introduce children to the building process. The second-floor gallery is now overrun by thousands of pieces of blue foam, some sized for building models and some sized to build forts."—The Washington Post On Parenting
"Collaborative activity, physical movement, and no resemblance to a typical playground are the three major themes of this endeavor." — Curbed DC
"The National Building Museum already hosts programs for teens interested in pursuing design as a career, but an upcoming exhibition intends to inspire a younger generation of architects, builders, and engineers." — Residential Architect
Information & Restrictions
The Deal: $5 for ONE Adult OR Child (ages 3-17) Admission to the National Building Museum (up to 50% OFF)
- The Museum is open 7 days a week, Monday-Saturday from 10am - 5pm and Sunday from 11am - 5 pm.
- Building Zone closes daily at 4pm.
- Located across the street from the Judiciary Square station on Metro's Red Line.
- CLICK HERE for Directions.
- Multiple vouchers can be purchased for each member of your family.
- Closed on Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day
- Children ages 2 and under are FREE.
- Regular Cost: $10/adults and $7/children ages 3 - 17.
- Food is available for purchase at the Firehook Cafe.
- Not valid in conjunction with any other discounts, offers or promotions.
Expiration: April 30, 2017.
To Redeem: Present your CertifiKID voucher(s) at the National Building Museum's Admissions Desk.
This offer is only available through CertifiKID (www.certifikid.com). If you experience any issues or difficulties with registering or purchasing, please email email@example.com and we will get back to you shortly.