Looking to share a day of fun with your family? Maybe it’s time you experience nature's magic kingdom - just an hour or two from the DC area - at Shenandoah Caverns Family of Attractions.
Welcome to a world of wonder way down UNDER GROUND in the beautiful and historic Shenandoah Valley!
Since 1922, Shenandoah Caverns has thrilled visitors from around the world. Explorers of every age and ability will discover an underground world of wonder. Your professional guide will lead your family on a one-hour circuit tour through the caverns' 17 soaring rooms - where stalactites hold tight to the ceiling and stalagmites grow from the floor in the comfortable year-round 56-degree cavern.
You’ll learn how Shenandoah Caverns' spectacular formations came to be, how they were discovered, why they are so colorful and so breathtaking. You'll see the famous "Breakfast Bacon" limestone formations...so unusual they appeared in National Geographic magazine. You'll be delighted by SOARING rooms like Long View Hall. And you'll be amazed at the variety of unique, intricate and unexpected formations like Capitol Dome, Diamond Cascade, Caldross Castle and Rainbow Lake.
Worried about the little ones dealing with all those steps? Don’t be. Shenandoah Caverns is the only cavern system in the area with elevator service! With no stairs and level gravel walkways, only the sights are breathaking!
Surface from nature’s underground theme park and get some great grub in the quaint Caverns Cafe where a nickel can still get you tunes from the jukebox, the cherry coke is homemade and the root beer is best served as a float from their old time soda fountain in operation since 1957. (Open from Memorial Day through Labor Day.)
And make time for a stroll down Main Street of Yesteryear. Wind your way down Main Street to see windows filled with fully-restored antique displays such as a three-ring circus of clowns, jugglers, twirling elephants and ferocious tigers powered by 40 antique motors that generate the action under the big tent!
At American Celebration on Parade, stand where Presidents have stood among a huge collection of magnificent parade floats spanning generations of one of America’s favorite pastimes - the Parade! Over 27 stunning parade floats from the Tournament of Roses Parade and Presidential Inaugurals are on display. Note: American Celebration is open seasonally. It is closed for the winter season and will re-open weekends beginning at Easter.
On your way out, stop by the Yellow Barn, the Valley's newest attraction and entertainment venue. It offers visitors a whimsical look at our agricultural heritage and rural life with historical displays that include restored antique farm wagons, equipment, carriages and vehicles. See model trains in motion, enjoy the mini farm and the Live Beehive observatory.
Nature, nosh, nostalgia and no long lines... a visit to Shenandoah Caverns is a sure way to have some family fun!
Want to make a day trip of it? Check out these nearby deals:
- Shenandoah Valley Discovery Museum - just a 50-minute drive north
- Explore More Discovery Museum - just a 25-minute drive south
Information & Restrictions
261 Caverns Road
Quicksburg, VA 22847
Purchase of this voucher provides admission for One Adult (ages 13+) and One Child (ages 6-12) to all 4 Attractions!
Location: Shenandoah Caverns - 261 Caverns Road, Quicksburg, VA 22847 1-888-422-8376
- A one to two hour drive from the Washington, DC area. Near Route 11 Chips! Click HERE for directions.
Hours: Tours typically run every 20 minutes and are about one hour long.
- Shenandoah Caverns opens at 9:00am every day except December 25th.
- November 1st through March 14th - No tours after 4:00pm.
- March 15th through June 15th - No tours after 5:00pm.
- June 16th through Labor Day - No tours after 6:00pm.
- Day after Labor Day through October 31st - No tours after 5:00pm.
- Please wear a light jacket and comfortable shoes.
- Multiple vouchers may be purchased - to use for multiple adults and children in your party.
- Regular Cost: $24/adult (ages 13+) and $12/child (ages 6-12)
- Children 5 and under are admitted free.
- Vouchers cannot be used in conjunction with any other discounts, specials or promotions.
- Expires December 31, 2017
This offer is only available through CertifiKID (www.certifikid.com). If you experience any issues or difficulties with registering or purchasing, please email email@example.com and we will get back to you shortly.