Pablo Picasso once said; “Everything you can imagine is real.” If this holds true, every child can be an artist, for how amazing would the world be if their imagination were our reality? Though we might not be driving winged cars with unicorn horns on them any time soon, we certainly can set the imagination of our kids free with art camps from The Art Station.
The Art Station’s summer camps offer the perfect environment for kids to set their imaginations free and explore their creativity. Each week-long session introduces campers to a variety of artistic projects, techniques and mediums including painting, stenciling and candle-making. They’ll emerge with a greater appreciation for the arts, as well as some great keepsakes to help make that imagination feel real. Who knows, the next Picasso may just be your happy camper!
Sessions and themes include:
- June 10-14: “All About Mixing” – Starting with a learning fundamental, campers will explore the wonderful creations that “mixing things” up can bring, from color to texture to style.
- June 17-21: “My Favorites” – Campers get introspective and explore the things that mean the most to them at this moment in time. They’ll create a time capsule with their 2013 “favorite things” and be able to look back on them in years to come.
- June 24-28: “All About My Family” – Kids explore and express aspects of their family life. They’ll be asked to “interview” and consider aspects of the members of family members, and express their learning through art.
- July 1, 2, 3 and 5 (short week): “Patriotism” – Kids explore American history through art. We’ll explore the origins and progression of symbols of the United States over the years while we design our own creative renderings of them. -- OFFERED AT A REDUCED RATE FOR THE SHORT WEEK CLICK HERE TO PURCHASE --
- July 8-12: “The Five Senses” – Sight, smell, hearing, taste and touch—all of the senses will be engaged through a variety of projects that challenge campers’ perception.
- July 15-19: “Summer Fun” – Students contemplate the activities of summer—beach fun, vacations, new adventures—and commemorate wonderful memories through art.
- July 22-26: “Art in the Garden” – Nature will be our muse as campers paint still-life portraits, build collages from materials found in a garden and develop a deeper appreciation for the world around through hands-on projects.
- July 29-Aug 2: ““Out of this World” – We’ll look to the stars and use the galaxy for inspiration to design constellations, planet trading cards, and make “moon dough,” among other fun projects.
Information & Restrictions
The Art Station
1601 Village Market Boulevard
Leesburg, VA 20175
Located: 1601 Village Market Boulevard, Suite 112, Leesburg, VA 20175 - in The Village at Leesburg Shopping Center, across from Cobb Theater
Camp runs Monday through Friday; 9am to 1pm.
For children ages 5-8.
All art materials will be provided.
Campers must bring their own lunches and snacks.
Cancellations must adhere to CertifiKID’s five-day policy. Cancellations after this period are non-refundable and non-transferrable to other weeks.
“Mental break” activities may include movies, meditation, fun get-to-know-you exercises, etc.
On Fridays, The Art Station may offer “movie time” depending on student interest.
Cannot be combined or transferred to a different week of camp (unless there is availability as specificied by the Art Station).
To register for class:
This offer is only available for purchase through CertifiKID (www.certifikid.com). If you experience any issues or difficulties with registering or purchasing, please email email@example.com and we will get back to you shortly.