Sylvan Learning is offering an exciting summer of STEM camps for rising 1st - 6th graders at their BRAND NEW facility in Reston!
Looking for a small, personalized camp where your child can explore robotics, coding, LEGO®, game design, science or animation? With a maximum of 12 children in each camp, Sylvan's STEM (science, technology, engineering and math) camp focuses on vital 21st century skills using innovative, kid-friendly technology.
Sylvan Learning campers enjoy a morning and an afternoon STEM session - with a one-hour lunch period in between.
Camps for Rising 1st - 3rd Graders:
- Robot Factory - Kids bring robotics to life by building and programming creations using LEGO® WeDo 2.0 that specialize in forces and motion like driving, cranking, walking, spinning, wobbling, flexing, reeling or lifting.
- Machine Makers - Discover the amazing world of engineering by using your imagination to build fun, theme-based creations and learn cool new skills.
- Maker Camp I - Join the makerspace phenomenon where kids gather to create, tinker and explore new concepts using cool materials! In this highly interactive camp, the kids will go on three maker "missions" to explore science concepts like speed, motion, chemistry, gravity and sound.
Camps for Rising 4th - 6th Graders:
- Game Design - Build a strong foundation of programming skills by building a different type of video game each day - complete with game logic and physics.
- Machine Lab - Race into the world of engineering while learning about simple machines like gears, axles and wheels to build and design cars and other awesome creations using LEGO® WeDo 2.0.
- Investigation Lab - Kids use LEGO® WeDo 2.0 to dive into the world of science with hands-on exploration of real-world environmental concepts. Kids use robotics to become detectives investigating and answering questions about physics, life cycles, nature conservation, and natural disasters.
- Coding Animation - Students learn animation basics as they draw their own characters and bring them to life with code, while creating a portfolio of animated games, cartoon strips, music videos and interactive worlds.
Information & Restrictions
The Deal: $219 for STEM Full-Day Camp at Sylvan Learning of Reston
- Includes $30 Registration Fee ($279 Value - $60 Off)
- Before Care (8 - 9am) and After Care (4 - 5pm) are available for an additional charge, payable directly to vendor. Please contact the center for additional information and availability.
2017 Summer Camp Sessions: Campers enjoy a morning and an afternoon STEM session - with one-hour lunch period in between.
Rising 1st - 3rd Graders:
- June 26 - June 30: Robot Factory / Machine Makers
- July 17 - July 21: Maker Camp I / Robot Factory
- July 31 - Aug. 4: Robot Factory / Machine Makers
- Aug. 14 - Aug. 18: Maker Camp I / Robot Factory
Rising 4th - 6th Graders:
- July 10 - July 14: Game Design / Machine Lab
- July 24 - July 28: Investigation Lab / Coding Animation
- Aug. 7 - Aug. 11: Game Design / Machine Lab
- Aug. 21 - Aug. 25: Investigation Lab / Coding Animation
- Registration is required and space is limited. After purchase, please email [email protected] to reserve your summer camp spot. In your email, please make sure to include:
- Your 12-digit CertifiKID Voucher Code(s).
- Your child's name and birth date.
- Your desired camp week.
Valid only at the Sylvan Learning Center Reston location. Valid only for the 2017 camp sessions listed above. Multiple vouchers may be purchased and redeemed for multiple children or multiple camp sessions. Cannot be combined with any other special offers, promotions or discounts. Not valid on prior camp purchases/enrollments. This very special camp deal is nonrefundable. Vendor is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided at redemption.
This offer is only available through CertifiKID (www.certifikid.com). If you experience any issues or difficulties with registering or purchasing, please email [email protected] and we will get back to you shortly.