Beginning November 24th, JOIN SANTA on the Western Maryland Scenic Railroad! Santa will be on every Holiday Limited Train - with candy canes for all the little boys and girls.
Get ready for some serious family fun on the Western Maryland Scenic Railroad's Holiday Limited Train. Located in Cumberland, MD, just a couple hours from the Washington, DC, Baltimore and Pittsburgh metro areas, this excursion makes a great family day trip!
Your Itinerary: Climb aboard the Holiday Limited Train, a restored diesel locomotive in Downtown Cumberland, Maryland. Then get ready to travel back through time as the train winds westward through the Allegheny Mountains to Frostburg Depot in Frostburg, MD. Click HERE to learn more about the route.
It’s an entertaining and educational experience for riders of all ages - and includes an on-board narrator providing all kinds of interesting historical facts and pointing out significant cultural locations along the route.
Trip Time: 3 hours. One hour each way, with a 60-minute lay-over in Frostburg. On the lay-over, you can choose to disembark to explore the Frostburg Depot or the adjacent Carriage Museum. FOR TRAIN LOVERS: Keep your eye on the diesel engine during the lay-over! Watch as it is detached from the train, rotated on the turntable, and reattached on the opposite end of the train!
Information & Restrictions
- $20 for ONE Holiday Limited Train Ticket (Adult or Child)
- $38 for TWO Holiday Limited Train Tickets (Adult or Child)
- $75 for FOUR Holiday Limited Train Tickets (Adult or Child)
- Regular Ticket Cost: $45.69 for Adults. $30.19 for Children ages 0-12.
Important: Only valid for the Holiday Limited Train. (Not valid for the Christmas Wonderland Express.)
Dates: Every Friday and Saturday from November 24 - December 23, 2017.
Schedule: Holiday Limited Train departs at 11:30 a.m.
- Click HERE for current operating schedule.
- One hour each way, with a 60-minute lay-over at the Frostburg Depot. On the lay-over, you can choose to disembark to explore the Frostburg Depot or the adjacent Carriage Museum.
- The round trip lasts approximately 3 hours.
Preparing for Your Outing:
- Fun for ALL ages! Ticket required of every passenger (infant to adult).
- The Western Maryland Scenic Railroad is located in Cumberland, Maryland, most easily reached via Interstate 68. Cumberland is centrally located from nearby metro areas, about two hours from Baltimore, Washington and Pittsburgh. Click HERE for directions.
- Due to the historic nature of the equipment, limited handicapped seating is available. Please call the Railroad office to discuss your needs.
What You Need to Know:
- Valid for the Holiday Limited Train ONLY. Not valid for the Christmas Wonderland Express.
- Multiple vouchers may be purchased and redeemed during the same visit.
- Not valid on excursions that do not have Standard Coach seating.
- Reservations recommended and subject to availability. Please call 1-800-TRAIN-50 to make your reservations.
Expiration: December 23, 2017
To Redeem: Advance Reservations strongly recommended. Make reservations either:
BY PHONE: Please call 1-800-TRAIN-50. Please be prepared to present your voucher (printed or on a smartphone) when you arrive for your train ride
ONLINE: To make your reservation, you will need to locate the 10-digit CertifiKID Vendor Code (beginning with "MD") on the confirmation email you received from CertifiKID after your purchase. (Vendor Codes can also be found by logging into your CertifiKID account.)
- Click HERE to go to the Western MD Scenic RR Calendar
- Click 'BUY' next to your desired excursion date/time
- In the "Promo Code" bar on the top of the screen, enter your 10-digit CertifiKID Vendor Code and click "Find Promo." Above the "Find Promo" box, you'll see a note (in yellow) that your promo code was accepted.
- Click "Find Tickets" (below the Promo Code box, on the right side of the screen).
- Your Total will be "$0.00". Click "CHECKOUT" to complete your order.
Important Note: If you are purchasing a quantity of tickets other than 1, 2, or 4, you can only add one Promo Code at a time. Please follow the instructions above for the first quantity 1, 2 or 4 tickets. Then, instead of clicking "CHECKOUT", CLICK "CONTINUE SHOPPING" and then follow the instructions above for the remaining tickets.
Questions? Need More Information? Please contact Western Maryland Scenic Railroad at 1-800-TRAIN-50.
Multiple vouchers may be purchased and redeemed. Valid only for the dates listed above. Cannot be combined with any other special offers, promotions or discounts. Cannot be redeemed for cash. No cash value. Not valid on prior purchases. Vendor is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided at redemption. Operating hours are subject to change; check directly with vendor prior to visit. Merchant cancellation policy applies.
This offer is only available through CertifiKID (www.certifikid.com). If you experience any issues or difficulties with registering or purchasing, please email email@example.com and we will get back to you shortly.
Find even more great Washington, DC Deals from CertifiKID.