This deal is no longer available, but check out these other available deals:
Orange Springs, FL
Get ready for the "Summer of a Lifetime" at Camp Shalom!
Camp Shalom is a Jewish coed sleep away camp for kids and teens. Camp Shalom's culturally Jewish, all-inclusive, welcoming environment provides the perfect platform for growth, discovery, independence, friendship, tradition and FUN. Ruach (spirit), Respect, Tzedakah (acts of charitable aid), acceptance, and appreciation for Israeli culture are subtly woven throughout the program.
“From sunrise to sunset, there’s so much to do at Camp Shalom!”
Aquatics: The outdoor heated pool makes free swim a favorite activity, and Camp Shalom's very own spring fed lake provides the thrill of waterskiing and an extensive canoeing, kayaking and boating program. Campers also enjoy bouncing on the water trampoline and climbing and jumping off the huge iceberg!
Sports and Fitness: Campers have the opportunity to participate in a variety of team sports, including Softball, Basketball, Soccer, Tennis, Ultimate Frisbee, Frisbee Golf, Dodgeball, Kickball, Newcomb, Volleyball, Ga Ga, Street Hockey, Lacrosse, and Flag Football. The right balance between competition and having fun allows every camper to be comfortable joining in, while promoting teamwork and spirit.
Arts and Crafts: Campers at Camp Shalom LOVE their visits to the art room. Always the coldest room at camp, the art room is home to the most creative campers.
Clubs: Campers choose a club once a week and get to attend their club three times a week. This is a great way to meet other campers who share similar interests. Clubs include: Boating, Board Games, Poker, Camp Newspaper, Dodgeball, Jam (for the musically inclined), Drawing/ Painting, Pep Squad (cheerleading), Book, Get Fit, Weightlifting, So You Think You Can Dance, Fishing, Photography, Running, Wilderness, Ping Pong, and more.
Field Trips: Each session, campers spend one day visiting an Orlando Theme Park. Each session also includes various local half-day trips. Whether going bowling, catching the latest flick at the movies, enjoying “An Around Town Scavenger Hunt”, Putt-Putt & BBQ or splashing away at the local water park, campers always have a blast! Campers in grades 9 and 10 also have the option to take a coed day trip or separate overnight trip. The Ichetucknee Springs river tubing excursion is a Camp Shalom favorite!
Option Activities: Option periods allow campers to customize their summer program so each day is a new experience! Campers choose daily between a wide variety of athletic, adventure-oriented, performing and creative arts.
Evening Activities: Camp doesn’t slow down when the sun goes down. Evenings at Camp Shalom are a special time for campers to bond with friends and enjoy spirited camp fun! Whether it’s a Wednesday night all-camp show; a fun Thursday night Dance; or outdoor games, contests and relays, game shows, or Casino Night, evening activities are among the best times of the day at camp!
Special Events: Each Saturday, all campers enjoy a special day outside the normal daily schedule. Programs include competition days such as Battle of the Sexes, Olympic Day, College Day, or Battle of the Decades, and other fun programming such as Shaving Cream Fight, Water balloon fight, Beach Parties and more!
Click HERE to view a schedule of a typical day at camp.
Cabin life is truly the center of your child’s life at camp. Living together creates deep bonds of friendship and so do the many special events cabin-mates experience together. All of Camp Shalom's modern-day cabins include wooden platform bunk beds and full bathrooms. Each bathroom is complete with modern facilities and privacy. Each camper has their own cubby for clothing storage and each bed has an outlet next to it. Cabins typically house eight to twelve campers and two-three counselors. Campers live in single gender cabin groups based on the grade campers will be entering next fall.
Information & Restrictions
168 Camp Shalom Trail
Orange Springs, FL 32182
- $1900 for Two Weeks of Sleepaway Camp at Camp Shalom of Central Florida ($2550 Value - $650 Off).
- $2850 for Three Weeks of Sleepaway Camp at Camp Shalom of Central Florida ($3850 Value - $1000 Off).
- $3500 for Four Weeks of Sleepaway Camp at Camp Shalom of Central Florida ($4850 Value - $1350 Off).
- $5800 for Seven Weeks of Sleepaway Camp at Camp Shalom of Central Florida ($7150 Value - $1350 Off).
- Please select desired camp session at checkout.
- *Rising 1st graders are accepted on a case-by-case basis. Please contact Camp Shalom before purchase.
- Regular camp sessions (3, 4 or 7 weeks of camp) are open to 1st - 10th graders.
- Rookie camp sessions (2 weeks of camp) are open to 1st - 4th graders ONLY.
- Session 1 (2 Weeks - Rookies ONLY): Sunday, June 17 - Saturday, June 30.
- Session 1 (4 Weeks): Sunday, June 17 - Friday, July 13.
- Session 2 (2 Weeks - Rookies ONLY): Sunday, July 15 - Saturday, July 28.
- Session 2 (3 Weeks): Sunday, July 15 - Friday, August 3.
- Full Summer (7 Weeks): Sunday, June 17 - Friday, August 3.
What You Need to Know:
- Camp is located in Orange Springs, FL.
- For an additional fee, campers may travel to camp on a coach bus, which drives up from South Florida and stops along the Florida turnpike for camper pick ups.
- Camp Shalom serves Kosher-style meals in their air conditioned dining hall. Food is kid-friendly and includes tons of great options to ensure that even the pickiest of eaters will find something they enjoy. Camp Shalom can accommodate most special dietary needs.
- Campers are grouped in bunks by grade and gender. Parents can make bunking requests so that your child can be with one or two children. Top or bottom bunks can also be requested.
- All campers must have Off-Camp Trip Spending Money. Spending money for Big Trips (1 per session) is NOT included in the Camp Fee. They recommend $50 per child, per trip.
- Laundry is done once a week by bunk at the onsite laundry facility. Please label every item of clothing with your child’s name.
- Camp Shalom respects all religions and welcomes people of all faiths.
- After purchase, please email David Fried, Executive Director at email@example.com to initiate the registration process. Provide your 12-digit CertifiKID voucher number.
- Please note, you are NOT officially registered for camp until you follow the redemption instructions above.
Questions? Need More Information? Please contact David Fried, Executive Director at 954-476-5317 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Valid only for the 2018 camp sessions listed above. Multiple vouchers may be purchased and redeemed for multiple children or multiple camp sessions. Cannot be combined with any other special offers, promotions or discounts. Not valid on prior camp enrollments. Merchant cancellation policy applies. Refunds issued within one day of purchase only. Vendor is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided at redemption.
This offer is only available through CertifiKID (www.certifikid.com). If you experience any issues or difficulties with registering or purchasing, please email email@example.com and we will get back to you shortly.
Find even more great South Florida Deals from CertifiKID.