Select Dates Feb. 3rd-18th
Digging Up Dessa
Saturday, February 3 - Saturday, February 18, 2018
The Kennedy Center Family Theater
A world premiere Kennedy Center commission, part of the Women’s Voices Theatre Festival.
Dessa is a 21st-century girl with no shortage of struggles, secrets, and mysteries to solve. From dinosaur bones to hidden memories, the world is filled with buried treasures just waiting to be uncovered. Luckily, thanks to the mysterious appearance of a remarkable friend—the pioneering 19th-century English paleontologist Mary Anning—young Dessa knows just how to excavate them!
After a field trip to a museum reveals that Mary Anning’s legacy has been buried by history because of her gender and lack of formal education, Dessa decides that she’s going to fight to earn her friend the credit she deserves. With help from her once-rival, Nilo, Dessa sets to work unearthing the secrets hidden beneath the surface of the past and present—for Mary’s history and her own future.
Feb. 11 at 1:30 p.m. is a sensory-friendly performance.
Sensory-friendly performances are designed to create a performing arts experience that is welcoming to all families, including those with children with autism or other sensory sensitivities. If you order these performances and do not require these Accessibility accommodations, your family is still very much welcome to attend.
Stay after the 1:30 p.m. performance on Feb. 3 for a free Kids’ Chat!
Following the performance, young audience members can ask questions and hear engaging stories in an up-close-and-personal talk with some of the artists.
Most enjoyed by ages 10 and up. NOTE: All children require a ticket, regardless of age.
Performance Timing: Approximately 60 minutes.
Information & Restrictions
The Deal: $15 for Digging Up Dessa at The Kennedy Center ($20 Value - 25% Off).
Offer Valid for the Following 2018 Performances:
- Saturday, February 3rd at 1:30 p.m.* or 4 p.m.
- Sunday, February 4th at 1:30 p.m. or 4 p.m.
- Saturday, February 10th at 11 a.m., 1:30 p.m. or 5 p.m.
- Sunday, February 11th at 1:30 p.m.** or 4 p.m.
- Saturday, February 17th at 11 a.m., 1:30 p.m. or 5 p.m.
- Sunday, February 18th at 1:30 p.m. or 4 p.m.
*Free Kids' Chat following the performance.
What You Need to Know:
- Great family show! Recommended for ages 10+.
- All patrons require a ticket, regardless of age.
- Show is approximately 60 minutes.
- Performance takes place in The Kennedy Center's Family Theater. Click HERE for seating chart.
- Additional service charge applies.
- Groups wishing to sit together must purchase tickets together.
Expiration: February 18, 2018.
- This deal is redeemable for admission to a specific ticketed event and venue. It has no value once the event date and time has passed. Tickets are nonrefundable.
To Purchase Tickets: Click HERE or "Buy Deal" above. You will be redirected to The Kennedy Center to complete your ticket purchase.
Questions? Need More Information? Please click HERE to view performance information on The Kennedy Center's website.
Offer is valid only for tickets on the date of the event as listed and may not be exchanged or redeemed for any other dates. Additional ticket service charge applies. Offer may be revoked or modified at any time without notice and is subject to availability. Performance hours should be confirmed directly with vendor. No refunds for this special offer as purchases are processed through The Kennedy Center. Cannot be combined with any other special offers, promotions or discounts. Not valid on prior ticket purchases. Vendor is responsible for the quality of services provided at redemption.
This offer is only available through CertifiKID (www.certifikid.com). If you experience any issues or difficulties with registering or purchasing, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get back to you shortly.
Find even more great Washington, DC Deals from CertifiKID.