- By City
- All Deals
- Most Popular
- Community Giving
This deal is no longer available, but check out these other available deals:
$250 $200 20% off
$4500 $2500 45% off
$225 $165 27% off
$5445 $2495 55% off
$325 $250 24% off
$210 $170 20% off
MD, DC & VA Locations!
The Deal is Over!
$349 value |
Summer camps with Mad Science are the best!
Mad Science camps offer a daily combination of in-class discovery and exploration, outdoor games and physical activities, and hands-on applications of the scientific principles presented.Your child will be able touch, see, hear, smell and taste what science is really all about. We use simple, real world science techniques that allow even the youngest of campers to enjoy our learning environment. Campers create, build and assemble a variety of take-home projects while exploring how science affects the world around us.
Children have so much fun that they forget they’re learning! Mad Science offers nine different exciting week-long camps. Topics include:
Calling all pilots! As a Mad Science flight cadet in training, you will discover how airplanes fly. Test your airplane’s performance in a wind tunnel. Build your own kite, stunt plane and model rocket. Ride the air on a Hovercraft. Discover how hot air balloons, blimps and parachutes work. Best for children entering 1st through 6th grade.
Eureka! Invention Camp
Children will overcome a series of challenges using basic materials, simple machines, tips from famous inventors and the most important of all- their mind. With a little bit of ingenuity, children will create catapults and forts, construct working light sticks to take home, and assemble a set of circuits with batteries and light bulbs. While Thomas Edison said, "invention is 10% inspiration and 90% perspiration," this camp is 100% FUN! Best for children entering 1st through 6th grade.
3, 2, 1… Blast Off!
This action-packed week will focus solely on rockets and the physics of rocket flight. After learning the model rocket safety code, campers will build a number of different rockets and participate in the launching, mission control, propulsion, and finally recovery of the rockets they build. Campers will be divided into three groups: altitude trackers, launch preparation, and launchers. Every camper will have an opportunity to try all three. Best for children entering 2nd through 6th grade.
Coding (Mission: Code)
Mission: Code is a unique summer camp experience that allows kids to learn essential coding skills while also engaging in active games and hands-on learning. Kids will develop computational thinking and problem solving skills in an online game environment where you give a robot a set of instructions to follow in order to solve the level. Each coding session provides kids with a fundamental skill set including algorithms, functions, relative directions and sequences. The combination of online activities paired with engaging offline activities like scavenger hunts, code-cracking mysteries and team robotics challenges that keep kids active and reinforce coding skills is a winning formula for fun in the summer! Best for children entering 2nd through 6th grade.
Science in Motion
Like Science Mysteries, each day has a different theme. Discover how things move with science. Take apart pellets to see what an owl cannot digest! Join a team of camper engineers and build bridges, domes, cubes, and pyramids. Assemble and control pulleys, levers, catapults, and simple machines. Make you own sidewalk chalk, crystal gardens, and chromatography-dyed T-shirt! Best for children entering 1st through 6th grade.
Forensic Fundamentals: Biology, Chemistry, and Crime Scenes
Mad Science introduces you to the foundations of forensics as you learn about organs, cells, and chemistry! Discover how the science behind life can help you solve a crime. Discover the secrets behind batteries and design marshmallow molecules! Conduct electricity and power a Mad Science whirligig. Experience blood pumping through the heart and air moving through the lungs. Use ooey-gooey ingredients to build a model cell & use your own traits to decode & decipher your DNA. Finally, apply what you learn and apply some crime scene skills to solve a sticky crime! Best for children entering 1st through 6th grade.
Red Hot Robots
Join Mad Science and our Radical Robots for a scientific journey through circuitry and sensors. Explore several different types of robots….robots that follow lines and sounds, robotic arms like the ones you see in the big factories on TV (well, smaller than that, but you get the picture). You will even play tag with robots that you control! Complete the camp by building your own robot to take home! Best for children entering 2nd through 6th grade.
Secret Agent Lab
Suspects! Schematics! and Sleuths! Connect the dots using science to help solve a crime in this hands on investigation of the science of sleuthing. Uncover the science involved in evidence gathering and analysis and fingerprinting detection. Enhance your recall and observation skills and learn how to use spy equipment. Best for children entering 1st through 6th grade.
Mad Science explores mysteries of earth, space, sports, secret codes, and the animal world. As young astronauts, we will explore the mysteries of the solar system and learn how astronauts live and work in space. Use Morse code to send secret messages to your friends. We’ll learn the basics about water pollution, acid rain, and the benefits of solar energy. Get in touch with nature by recycling your own garbage and make your very own paper to take home! Discover the relationships between science and sports, including what football players, scientists and ballet dancers have in common. Best for children entering 1st through 6th grade
Information & Restrictions
The Deal: $299 for Week of Full-Day Mad Science Camp ($50 Savings!)
- Most camps are designed for rising 1st graders to 6th graders.
- “Red Hot Robots” camp and “3, 2, 1 Blast-Off!” camp are targeted to rising 2nd graders to 6th graders.
- Full Day: 9 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Morning extended care hours are from 8 a.m. to 9 a.m. at a cost of $10/day; afternoon hours are from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. at a cost of $20/day. If you choose the morning and afternoon extended care, the cost is $25/day. You can register for the entire week online, but please call Mad Science to register by day.
- Mad Science Summer Camp is offered in MANY locations throughout DC/MD/VA. Click HERE for the full list of locations.
2018 Camp Weeks:
- Science in Motion- Mad Science Lab, Silver Spring, MD
- Secret Agent Lab- Central UMC, Fairfax VA
- Red Hot Robot- Hill Center, DC
- Forensic Fundamentals- Emmaus, Vienna, VA
- Coding- Burning Tree ES, Bethesda, MD
- Eureka- Paul Charter School, DC
- Eureka- Monkey Joe's, Germantown, MD
- Flight Academy- Fallsmead ES, Rockville, MD
- 321- Fairfax Presbyterian, Fairfax, VA
- 321- Rachel Carson ES, Gaithersburg, MD
- Science in Motion- Fairfax Presbyterian, Fairfax, VA
- Science in Motion- Rachel Carson ES, Gaithersburg, MD
- Secret Agent Lab- All Saint Church, Alexandria, VA
- Forensic Fundamentals- Central UMC, Arlington, VA
- Red Hot Robot- Burning Tree ES, Bethesda, MD
- Flight Academy- Hill Center, DC
- Flight Academy- Mad Science Lab, Silver Spring, MD
- Flight Academy- Emmaus Church, Vienna, VA
- Coding- Garrett Park, Kensington, MD
- 321- Fallsmead ES, Rockville, MD
- Science in Motion- Kid Junction, Herndon, VA
- Science in Motion- Hill Center, DC
- Secret Agent Lab- Paul Charter, DC
- Red Hot Robots- Mad Science Lab, Silver Spring, MD
- Red Hot Robots- Fallsmead ES, Rockville, MD
- Red Hot Robots- Emmaus Church, Vienna, VA
- Science Mysteries- Central UMC, Arlington, VA
July 30-August 3
- Forensic Fundamentals- Paul Charter, DC
- Forensic Fundamentals- Fallsmead ES, Rockville, MD
- Forensic Fundamentals- Mad Science, Silver Spring, MD
- Flight Academy- Central UMC, Arlington, VA
- Flight Academy- Monkey Joe's, Germantown, MD
- 321- Ashlawn ES, Arlington, VA
- Red Hot Robot- Fairfax Presbyterian, Fairfax, VA
- Eureka- Hill Center, DC
- Science in Motion- Central UMC, Arlington, VA
- Flight Academy- Rachel Carson, Gaithersburg, MD
- Coding- Fallsmead ES, Rockville, MD
- 321- Hill Center, DC
- 321- Emmaus Church, Vienna, VA
- Red Hot Robots- Monkey Joe's, Germantown, MD
- Eureka- Mad Science Lab, Silver Spring, MD
- Science in Motion- Rockville Swim and Fitness Center, Rockville, MD
- Science in Motion- Emmaus Church, Vienna, VA
- Secret Agent Lab- Mad Science Lab, Silver Spring, MD
- Forensic Fundamentals- Church in Bethesda, Bethesda, MD
- Red Hot Robots- Hill Center, DC
- Red Hot Robots- Prince of Peace, Gaithersburg, MD
- 321- Central UMC, Arlington, VA
- COD-Monkey Joe's, Germantown, MD
- Flight Academy- Warner Memorial Presbyterian Church, Kensington, MD
- Secret Agent Lab- Madison CC, Arlington, VA
- Secret Agent Lab- Emmaus Church, Vienna, VA
- Eureka- All Saints Church, Alexandria, VA
- Eureka- Central UMC, Arlington, VA
- Eureka- Rockville Swim and Fitness Center, Rockville, MD
- Forensic Fundamentals- Prince of Peace, Gaithersburg, MD
- Forensic Fundamentals- Monkey Joe's, Germantown, MD
- Flight Academy- Church in Bethesda, Bethesda, MD
- Red Hot Robots- Warner Memorial Presbyterian Church, Kensington, MD
- 321- Mad Science Lab, Silver Spring, MD
- Science in Motion- Monkey Joe's, Germantown, MD
- Secret Agent Lab- Prince of Peace, Gaithersburg, MD
- Eureka- Madison CC, Arlington, VA
- Eureka- Church in Bethesda, Bethesda, MD
- Red Hot Robots- Central UMC, Arlington, VA
- Flight Academy- Mad Science Lab, Silver Spring, MD
What You Need to Know:
- Campers should bring a lunch and snacks. PLEASE AVOID NUT BASED FOODS. This includes peanuts and all tree nuts. Clearly mark your child's name on all items he/she brings to the camp.
- Children should dress comfortably. Camp is held rain or shine. Make sure your camper is dressed for the weather!
- No open toed shoes, specifically no flip-flops.
- Since campers will spend some time outside and will be doing many hands-on activities, please do not dress your child in any clothes that you do not want to get dirty.
- You may wish to apply sunscreen or insect repellent, or send these items with your child. A hat and/or sunglasses may also be useful.
Expiration: August 31, 2018
To Redeem and Register for Camp:
- Registration is required and space is limited. After purchasing this voucher, please call 301-593-4777 or email [email protected] to register for camp. Provide your 12-digit CertifiKID voucher number and the camp session and location you are signing up for.
- After purchasing this voucher, you will receive an email asking you to fill out a form with your camper's information. You will NOT be registered for camp until you fill out this form. You must fill out this form for EACH voucher you purchase. You can also access the form by logging into your CertifiKID account and selecting the voucher for this deal.
- Registration AFTER Thursday for the following week of camp is subject to availability. Please check with the camp prior to purchasing.
- Please note, you are NOT officially registered for camp until you follow the redemption instructions above.
- Click HERE for the Happy Camper form. Please complete it and email it to [email protected]. This is to assist the camp instructor with knowledge of specific considerations for your camper.
Questions? Need More Information? Please contact Mad Science of DC at 301-593-4777 or email [email protected].
Valid only for the 2018 camp weeks listed above. Multiple vouchers may be purchased and redeemed for multiple children or multiple camp weeks. Cannot be combined with any other special offers, promotions or discounts. Not valid on prior camp enrollments. Merchant cancellation policy applies. This very special camp deal is nonrefundable. Vendor is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided at redemption.
This offer is only available through CertifiKID. If you experience any issues or difficulties with registering or purchasing, please email [email protected] and we will get back to you shortly.
Find even more great Washington, DC Coupons & Deals from CertifiKID.