- By City
- All Deals
- Most Popular
- Community Giving
This deal is no longer available, but check out these other available deals:
Try It FREE for 30 Days and Get $20!
The Deal is Over!
“The Huffington Post raves that [Greenlight] is helping to impact and improve financial literacy.’"
Financial literacy and money management are among the most valuable life skills you can teach your children. CertifiKID has partnered with Greenlight®, The Smart Debit Card for Kids to bring you these tips for raising financially savvy children and establishing good money habits for life.
CertifiKID Exclusive: Try Greenlight® FREE for 30 Days PLUS Get $20 Added to Your Account!
1. Start Early & Set A Good Example – Parents are the primary influence children look to for just about everything. Therefore, it’s critical to set a good example for them through your financial behavior. A study from the University of Cambridge found that money habits are formed in children as early as 7 years old! Modeling good financial management skills and including your children in conversations about budgeting, the difference between needs and wants and even financial trade offs can be very beneficial in the development of their financial literacy.
2. Teach Them How to Save – Teaching your kids the importance of saving for the future is arguably the most important financial advice you can give them. Learning to save at an early age helps kids achieve their long-term financial goals and obtain financial freedom. It’s difficult to teach your kids these important concepts, but features like Greenlight’s Educational Savings Account for Kids is a great way to visually show kids how their money grows over time and accumulates interest. The best part, you get to set a parent-paid interest rate that you can customize to be meaningful to them since each child is unique.
3. Provide Hands-on Experience – What better way to teach kids your about money management than giving them the opportunity to learn first hand. Whether or not you give your children an allowance, reward them for doing chores, or have them get a job at the local supermarket, real-world experience making money for their hard work can spark a greater appreciation and understanding of finances.
4. Teach the Importance of Giving – Whether you’re giving directly to an individual who is experiencing hardship or to an organization that helps meet the needs of others, giving can be monumental to those in need. Teaching kids to give back to people who are less fortunate will not only show them how far a dollar can go, but a recent study from Harvard Business School found that it can actually increase happiness!
What is Greenlight® and What are the Benefits?
Greenlight®, The Smart Debit Card for Kids is a powerful tool for teaching your children about money management and financial responsibility. Greenlight® gives kids the financial freedom and responsibility of having their own debit card, while parents retain the ability to review and control their spending in real-time through an app on their phone. Win-win!
- Flexible control for parents: With Greenlight®, you can pick the kinds of stores - or even specific stores near you - where your child can spend and how much they can spend. Or let them spend anywhere. It’s all up to you, with their patent-pending parental controls.
- Speedy: Just tap to send instant funds to your child, from wherever you are. You and your child can communicate in real-time to add new stores or increase balances.
- Safer than cash: Way safer. Cash can be lost, but Greenlight® Card comes with your child's name (and PIN) built in. And it can be instantly shut off–from either your phone or your child's–the minute it can't be found.
- Works with Apple Pay and Google Pay: Greenlight's smart debit card for kids now integrates with Apple Pay and Google Pay. As a result, kids don't need to have the physical Greenlight® Card in order to make a purchase – they just need their smartphones. With Apple Pay and Google Pay integration, Greenlight® users have peace of mind that their payments by iPhone, Apple Watch, iPad, and Mac are safe and private.
- Smart: Real-time notifications tell you where and when your child spends. And reporting lets you and your child review spending choices. It also allows both the parent and child to see balances on the card and instant decline notifications if trying to purchase over budget or at a store not allowed.
- Easy: Set Greenlight® to pay allowances automatically. No more searching for loose change on allowance days!
Information & Restrictions
The Deal: 30-Day Free Trial of Greenlight®, The Smart Debit Card for Kids PLUS $20 Added to Your Account.
What You Need to Know:
- After your free trial ends, pay just $4.99/month per family (up to 5 kids).
- Debit card(s) will be sent approximately 1 week after approval on vendor website.
- App is available on iOS and Android.
- $20 will be added approximately 2 weeks after paying your first month's subscription.
Expiration: July 31, 2018.
- Expiration reflects date by which offer must be redeemed on vendor site.
To Redeem: Click GET OFFER above or go to https://welcome.greenlightcard.com/certifikidsummer to sign up. You must use this specific redemption link to claim your FREE $20 in your account.
Questions? Need More Information? Please contact Greenlight® at 1-888-483-2645 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
After your trail ends, pay just $4.99/month for your whole family (up to 5 kids). Automatically receive your $20 gift from Greenlight® after completing your free trial. Offer cannot be combined with other offers, discounts or promotions. Offer not valid on prior enrollments. Offer ends July 31, 2018.
This offer is only available through CertifiKID (www.certifikid.com). If you experience any issues or difficulties with registering or purchasing, please email email@example.com and we will get back to you shortly.
Find even more great All Other Cities Deals from CertifiKID.