- By City
- All Deals
- Most Popular
- Community Giving
- Explore More
Giddy up and spend a week this summer horseback riding with the graceful and gentle horses at Twin Oaks Riding Academy in Leesburg, VA!
Campers ages 5-14 will be delighted to learn what it's like to care for and ride a horse independently. This camp is best for children who have seldom ridden and are looking for an introduction to riding basics, responsibility and horse care taught in a safe and fun environment.
Each child will ride every day, receiving individual attention, and learn basic positions on the horse, including steering and control. Riding is taught by an experienced instructor who stays with the child while on the horse and helps them maintain proper position while guiding the horse. Each rider also learns basic horse care skills, such as grooming, hoof cleaning, tack care, barn chores, and how to maintain the well-being of horses. The emphasis of this camp is on safety and respect for the horse and his care.
Campers are organized into similar age groups, of 5-6 per group and rotate through four, 30-minute stations:
- Horse chores
- A craft activity teaching horse care
For an additional fee, your rider can stay an extra hour at camp to feed the horses, have lunch, and enjoy other horse activities, such as an obstacle course, costume parade, and bareback riding! This "bonus hour" is often the most favorite part of camp.
"I truly appreciate that your camp provides the "whole experience" for kids. My daughter relished all the riding time she got, as well as enjoyed performing farm chores, grooming the horses and doing a horse-related craft every day. Thanks for making the safety of the children and horses your number one priority, and for training such engaging and thoughtful young counselors." -KB
Information & Restrictions
The Deal: $150 for One-Week of Summer Riding Camp at Twin Oaks Riding Academy ($199 Value - 25% Off).
Ages: Camp is for ages 5-14. Children will be grouped with campers of similar ages.
Camp Hours: 9 a.m. - 11 a.m.
2019 Summer Camp Weeks:
- June 10 - 14
- June 17 - 22
- June 24 - 28
- July 8 - 13
- July 22 - 26
- July 29 - August 2
What You Need to Know:
- Camp participants must wear the following to camp each day: Long pants, sturdy boots (or sneakers) and riding helmet.
- Limit of 2 vouchers per family.
- Riding helmet is provided by Twin Oaks. Bike helmets are not permitted.
- An optional "Lunch With Horses" from 11 a.m. - noon is available for an additional $99 per child, payable directly to Twin Oaks Riding Academy. Includes feeding the horses, eating your own packed lunch, and enjoying other horse activities, such as grooming and caring for the horses.
Expiration: August 2, 2019.
To Redeem and Register for Camp:
- Registration is required and space is limited. After purchase, please call 703-459-8216 or email [email protected] to register for camp. Provide your 12-digit CertifiKID voucher number.
- Please note, you are NOT officially registered for camp until you follow the redemption instructions above.
Questions? Need More Information? Please contact Twin Oaks Riding Academy at 703-459-8216 or email [email protected].
Valid only for the 2019 camp sessions and weeks listed above. Limit 2 vouchers per family. Cannot be combined with any other special offers, promotions or discounts. Not valid on prior camp enrollments. Merchant cancellation policy applies. Refunds issued within one day of purchase only. Vendor is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided at redemption.
This offer is only available through CertifiKID. If you experience any issues or difficulties with registering or purchasing, please email [email protected] and we will get back to you shortly.
Find even more great Washington, DC Coupons & Deals from CertifiKID.