- By City
- All Deals
- Most Popular
- Community Giving
- Explore More
Deposit Paid Now
Rocky Point State Park in Essex, MD
The Deal is On!
$60 BUY DEAL
Cruise the Chesapeake and get in ship shape this summer with Beginner or Intermediate 2-Week Sailing Camp from the Baltimore County Sailing Center.
Campers will learn the fundamentals of sailing and seamanship. Each sailor will experience a STEM program, specifically designed for sailing. This program emphasizes leadership, teamwork, resilience, balance, communication, problem solving and more, which will take your camper far beyond the waters of the Chesapeake!
Sailors are divided into age groups: Osprey, ages 8-11, and Eagle, ages 12-16. Beginner sailors will learn the fundamental skills of sailing and confidence on the water. By the end of their first week, sailors will venture to Hart Miller Island, across Hawk Cove for a picnic lunch. Skills taught over the 2-week camp include rigging/derigging, capsizing/recovery, tacking and gybing, and sailing on all points of sail.
Intermediate sailors will continue to build upon their fundamental skills and develop more comfort and control in their boat. They will work on sailing upwind efficiently with more precise steering. Sailors will also move to the next level in seamanship, learning more advanced rules of the road, understanding of navigation markers and more! During their intermediate course they will also have some exposure to racing and adventure sailing.
The programs are designed to build off one another, so that sailors can take multiple sessions to continue to progress throughout the summer.
All instructors are U.S. Sailing certified sailing instructors and many are lifeguards as well. BCSC has been offering sailing camps since 1991 and has a proven methodology of teaching that ensures everyone has fun while learning to sail safely.
Baltimore County Sailing Center's Camp is located at Rocky Point Park, on the shore of the calm water in Hawk Cove on the Chesapeake, in Eastern Baltimore County. Bus Service is included with all summer camps. All stops are at prearranged locations with easy access to the Beltway, convenient to Ellicott City & Catonsville, Towson, Canton and Dundalk! Click HERE for full bus schedule.
Information & Restrictions
Baltimore County Sailing Center
Hawk Cove in Rocky Point Park
2200 Rocky Point Rd.
Essex, MD 21221
ACT FAST - LIMITED SPACE AVAILABLE!
The Deal: $759 for TWO-Week Beginner or Intermediate Baltimore County Sailing Camp at Rocky Point Park in Essex, MD ($835 Value - 10% Off).
- CertifiKID offer includes BONUS Family Sail for up to 4 people. ($60 Value).
- Offer Includes bus transportation from prearranged pick-up and drop-off locations in Baltimore County and Baltimore City.
Deposit Paid Now:
- $60 Deposit is paid now at check-out.
- Registration must be complete and balance of $699 paid directly to Baltimore County Sailing Center by June 15, 2019.
2019 TWO-Week Camp Sessions:
- Session 1: June 17-28
- Session 2: July 8-19
- Session 3: July 22-Aug. 2
- Session 4: Aug. 5-16
Camp Hours: 9am-4pm Monday - Thursday & 9am-3pm on Friday. Bus pick up begins at 7:45am with final drop off by 5:15pm (depending on your bus stop).
- Towson Route stops: Parks Heights Ave, Falls Rd., Cromwell Bridge Rd., Belair Rd., and Back River Neck Recreation Center
- City Route stops: Catonsville, Johns Hopkins Hospital, West Marine Canton and Dundalk
- Specific stops and times are available HERE. All times and routes should be confirmed directly with Baltimore County Sailing Camp.
- No bus service the week of July 1-5, 2019.
What You Need to Know:
- Please select your camp session at checkout.
- Osprey Beginner and Intermediate camp is for ages 8-11. Ospreys will sail single handed Blue Dragons or Optimist Prams.
- Eagle Beginner and Intermediate camp is for ages 12-16. Eagles will sail double handed FJs, JY 15s or 420s.
- Campers need to pack a lunch and water bottle each day.
- Campers will need to wear water shoes and sun protection and should bring a hat and sunglasses.
- Life jackets are provided and are required.
- All campers will need to pass a basic swim test on the first day of camp.
- No additional registration fee.
- Recreational Sail voucher for up to 4 people will be distributed to CertifiKID campers the first week of camp. Click HERE for more details about the Recreational Sailing days and times.
Expiration: August 16, 2018.
To Redeem and Register for Camp:
- Click "BUY DEAL" Button above to pay $60 deposit to reserve your 2-week camp session.
- Go to the Baltimore County Sailing Center website to create an account and register for camp HERE. Choose the camp date of your choice. Enter the vendor code located at the top of your voucher when prompted to enter coupon code. Pay the balance of $699 directly to Baltimore County Sailing Center.
- Registration MUST be complete and balance paid by June 15, 2019.
- Please note, you are NOT officially registered for camp until you follow the redemption instructions above.
Need More information? Contact Baltimore County Sailing Center at www.bcsailing.org or 410-391-0196.
Valid only for the 2019 camp sessions listed above. Limit 4 vouchers per customer. Cannot be combined with any other special offers, promotions or discounts. Not valid on prior camp enrollments. Merchant cancellation policy applies. Refunds issued within one day of purchase only. Vendor is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided at redemption.
This offer is only available through CertifiKID. If you experience any issues or difficulties with registering or purchasing, please email [email protected] and we will get back to you shortly.
Find even more great Baltimore, MD Coupons & Deals from CertifiKID.