- By City
- All Deals
- Most Popular
- Community Giving
- Explore More
Your LEGO-loving kid is going to have an incredible summer at Snapology Summer Camp!
Snapology Germantown is offering 12 unique half-day summer camps (full day option is available by purchasing both AM and PM week options). These camps are designed to get your child thinking creatively with activities focused on out-of-the-box problem solving using construction. At Snapology Summer Camps, your child will be able to grow their motor skills, verbal skills, social interaction and creative thinking.
With each camp session offered, your child will be guided by instructors on interactive lessons using LEGO® bricks, computers, and playing with peers. Read the full description of each camp session offered below!
Gamebots: Beginner Coding
Calling all gamers, have a blast learning how to code while building robotic games to test your code. Students will learn about sequencing commands, value and sensor inputs, and loops . Whether creating a robotic hockey player, pinball machine, or a ring toss, your child is sure to have fun building, learning, and playing.
Space Wars Robotics
Robotics inspired by Star Wars® and space travel. Come on an adventure building and programming functional robots using LEGO® bricks in this super-fun program. Learn about space, space travel and, of course Star Wars®. Build different robots each day. Learning is enhanced through the use of tables/laptops in this class.
Learn engineering strategies and building techniques to use robots constructed from LEGO® bricks to complete missions using remote controls. Apply your knowledge and skill in friendly competition. Complete as many missions as you can in a specific time frame to win the ultimate challenge match. Take your building to the next level.
Mindstorm Robotics Olympics
In Snapology's Robot Olympics, students will build and program robots to compete in sports themed challenges. Your will learn both mechanical and computer programming concepts as they create robots that run races, play soccer, and much more. Students will work in groups, using LEGO® Mindstorms® EV3 technology, to complete challenges. Your child is sure to have fun as they build, learn, and play.
Inventor’s Club Robotics
Whoever said you couldn't solve the world's problems with LEGO® bricks? Learn about the process real inventors go through while you help design, build and program robotic models to solve problems. Are you the next Thomas Edison? Learning is enhanced through use of laptops.
Do you think you can build the strongest and most agile robot? Can your robot win a head-to-head combat mission? Come learn engineering strategies for building sturdy structures using LEGO® bricks and then apply that knowledge to build a robot for friendly competition. You'll have a blast as you play robot football and complete the hoop challenge in this fun robotics program.
Robotics Rescue Mission
There has been a devastating earthquake in the fictional town of Dalto, CA. Can you save the town? Students in this class will learn how to build and program an autonomous robot using LEGO® Mindstorms® EV3 technology. Their new skills will be used to solve real-world problems, helping it’s town after a natural disaster. Students will program and modify their robot to complete challenges set up on a large game board modeled after the town of Dalto, CA.
Children will begin to explore the world of robotics as they build moving animals that teach the fundamentals of robotic design. Whether learning about animal habitats, or discovering ways that gears and pulleys create movement while building dancing birds and robotic dogs, your child is sure to have a great time.
Real World Robotics
In Snapology's Real World Robotics class, students interested in technology will create robotic models inspired by real life robotic technologies. Students will learn about gear ratio, sensors, simple machines, and programming as they build alarm devices, earthquake detectors, robotic arms, and much more. Your child will have a blast exploring the world of robotic technologies as they build, learn, and play.
Creature Creator Robotics
In Snapology's Creature Creator Robotics class, your animal lover will create their own animal inspired robotic models. Students will learn about gear ratio, sensors, simple machines, and programming as they build insects, dolphins, gorillas, and much more. Your child is sure to have a wild time as they build, learn, and play.
Snapology's Advanced Minecraft®
Minecraft® lovers unite, Snapology’s Advanced Minecraft® is a technical class involving advanced Minecraft® building using LEGO® bricks and game-play experience. Students will learn the art of crafting and stirring up their own potions using LEGO® bricks. You came, you saw, you mined at Snapology’s Advanced Minecraft®.
AttackBots: Beginner Coding
In this exciting class, students will learn important foundational coding skills while building military inspired robots. Children will learn about sequencing commands, value and sensor inputs, and loops as they create robotic catapults, crossbows, battleships and much more.
Information & Restrictions
Snapology - Germantown
11700 Neelsville Church Road
Germantown, MD 20876
- $108 for 4 Days of Half-Day AM or PM Snapology Summer Camp ($160 Value - 33% Off).
- $135 for One Week of Half-Day AM or PM Snapology Summer Camp ($200 Value - 33% Off).
- $250 for 4 Days of Full Day Snapology Summer Camp ($280 Value - 10% Off).
- $275 for One Week of Full Day Snapology Summer Camp ($350 Value - 22% Off).
Ages: Ages 6-14.
- Full Day Camp: 9 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Half Day (AM): 9 a.m. to noon
- Half Day (PM): 1 p.m. - 4 p.m.
- Before and After Care: Before care is available from 8:30 a.m. - 9 a.m. for an additional $50 per week. After care is available from 4 p.m. to 4:45 p.m. for an additional $75 per week, both fees can be paid directly to Snapology Germantown
2019 Camp Sessions:
June 18 - June 21 (4-Day Camp- Week is pro-rated)
- AM Camp: Mindstorm Robotics Olympics | AM Camp: Space Wars Robotics
- PM Camp: GameBots: Beginner Coding | PM Camp: Robot Challenge
June 24 - June 28
- AM Camp: Inventor’s Club Robotics | AM Camp: Combat Robots
- PM Camp: Robotics Rescue Mission | PM Camp: RoboPets
July 1 - July 5 (No camp July 4- Week is pro-rated)
- AM Camp: Robotics Rescue Mission | AM Camp: Creature Creator Robotics
- PM Camp: Real World Robotics | PM Camp: Robot Challenge
July 15 - July 19
- AM Camp: GameBots: Beginner Coding | AM Camp: Robotics Rescue Mission
- PM Camp: Combat Robots | PM Camp: AttackBots: Beginner Coding
August 5 - August 9
- AM Camp: Robotics Rescue Mission | AM Camp: Creature Creator Robotics
- PM Camp: Robot Challenge | PM Camp: Real World Robotics
What You Need to Know:
- Limit 3 vouchers per family.
- Valid only at Germantown location.
- Lunch time care provided for full day campers, campers must bring their own lunch.
- Prior robotics experience is not necessary for the coding or robotics camps, beginners are welcome.
Expiration: August 9, 2019.
To Redeem and Register for Camp:
- Registration is required and space is limited. After purchase, please email [email protected] to register for camp. In your email please provide the following information: camper’s name and date of birth, camp week(s) purchased through CertifiKID, parent’s name, email, and cell phone number, and your 12-Digit CertifiKID Voucher Number(s).
- You will receive a reply from Snapology of Germantown confirming your registration. Please remember that you are NOT officially registered for camp until you follow the redemption instructions above.
Valid only for the 2019 camp sessions listed above. Multiple vouchers may be purchased and redeemed for multiple children. Cannot be combined with any other special offers, promotions or discounts. Not valid on prior camp enrollments. Merchant cancellation policy applies. This very special camp deal is nonrefundable. Vendor is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided at redemption.
This offer is only available through CertifiKID. If you experience any issues or difficulties with registering or purchasing, please email [email protected] and we will get back to you shortly.
Find even more great Washington, DC Coupons & Deals from CertifiKID.