- By City
- All Deals
- Most Popular
- Community Giving
- Explore More
All Aboard! Get ready for some serious family fun on the Western Maryland Scenic Railroad. Located in Cumberland, MD, just a couple hours from the Washington, DC, Baltimore and Pittsburgh metro areas, this railroad excursion makes a great family day trip!
Your Itinerary: Climb aboard a restored diesel locomotive in Downtown Cumberland, Maryland. Then get ready to travel back through time as the train winds westward through the Allegheny Mountains to Frostburg Depot in Frostburg, MD. Click HERE to learn more about the route.
Trip Time: 3 hours. One hour each way, with a 60-minute layover in Frostburg. On the layover, you can choose to disembark to enjoy the shops and restaurants on Frostburg's Main Street (requires a 10-minute uphill walk from depot. Shuttles will be running some weekends to take guests up the hill). Guests can also choose to stay downhill and explore the Frostburg Depot or the adjacent Carriage Museum.
FOR TRAIN LOVERS: Keep your eye on the engine during the layover! Watch as it is detached from the train, rotated on the turntable, and reattached on the opposite end of the train!
Information & Restrictions
- $25 for Frostburg Flyer Standard Coach CHILD Ticket: Ages 2 - 12 ($30 value!)
- $35 for Frostburg Flyer Standard Coach ADULT Ticket: Ages 13+ ($46 value!)
Frostburg Flyer Schedule: Click HERE for schedule.
- Boarding begins at 11:00 a.m. Train departs at 11:30 a.m.
- The round trip lasts approximately 3 hours.
What You Need to Know:
- Fun for ALL ages! Infants and toddlers sitting on lap of ticketed passengers are free.
- Due to the historic nature of the equipment, limited handicapped seating is available. Please call the Railroad office to discuss your needs.
- RESERVATIONS REQUIRED and subject to availability. Please call 1-800-TRAIN-50 to make your reservations.
- Click HERE for directions and parking information.
Expiration: September 30, 2019
To Redeem: Advance Reservations required. To make your reservation, please call 1-800-TRAIN-50.
- Make sure to mention that you purchased the CertifiKID offer and provide your 12-digit Voucher Codes.
- As long as you've made your reservation by phone, there is no need to present your CertifiKID vouchers when you arrive. The tickets will be reserved in your name.
Multiple vouchers may be purchased and redeemed. Valid only for the dates listed above. Cannot be combined with any other special offers, promotions or discounts. Cannot be redeemed for cash. No cash value. Not valid on prior purchases. Vendor is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided at redemption. Operating hours are subject to change; check directly with vendor prior to visit. Merchant cancellation policy applies.
This offer is only available through CertifiKID. If you experience any issues or difficulties with registering or purchasing, please email [email protected] and we will get back to you shortly.
Find even more great Washington, DC Coupons & Deals from CertifiKID.