Includes 4 FREE Boat Rentals!
Rocky Point Park in Essex, MD
Kids can't have ALL the fun! Participate in a sailing adventure of your own with Adult Beginner Sailing "Camp" at The Baltimore County Sailing Center in Essex, MD's Rocky Point Park.
Adult Sailing "Camp" is perfect for anyone 18+ that wants to check "learn how to sail" off of their bucket list. Each session offers a very small instructor to student ratio where participants learn to sail on two-person small boats over four different 3-hour classes. Skills such as basic boat maneuvering, capsize recovery, sail trim and steering will be covered. No prior experience is necessary, however it is important to note the physical nature of small boat sailing.
Here's what you can expect at your Adult Sailing "Camp":
1st Class - Be prepared for some on-the-water fun! Sailors start with basic sailing concepts and wind theory as well as how to set up and put away their boats. Once comfortable, students will go sailing with an instructor on board.
2nd Class - Start out with a review, then set up your own boat. Don't worry - instructors are always at the ready for questions and help. Today is the day you set sail on your own to practice steering and tacking as instructors motor alongside in power boats to help keep you on course.
3rd Class - Learn a new set of sailing directions including gybing and upwind sailing. Then, practice these skills on the water. Upwind sailing is historically the most difficult part of sailing, so instructors will use diverse teaching methods and will leave time at the end of class for lots of questions.
4th Class - By the last day, sailors have already been taught the necessary skills for sailing, so you'll spend LOTS of time on the water practicing what you've learned in this course.
All instructors are US Sailing certified sailing instructors and many are lifeguards as well. BCSC has been offering sailing camps since 1991 and has a proven methodology of teaching that ensures everyone has fun while learning to sail safely. Baltimore County Sailing Center's Camp is located at Rocky Point Park, on the shore of the calm water in Hawk Cove on the Chesapeake, in Eastern Baltimore County.
Set sail on the beautiful waters of the Chesapeake Bay with this exclusive CertifiKID deal - pay your $50 deposit now to reserve your spot. Register for the session that works best for you and enjoy $95 Off the Regular Price. Bonus - with this special offer, receive FOUR return Boat Rentals. Because practice makes perfect!
Information & Restrictions
Hawk Cove in Rocky Point Park
2200 Rocky Point Rd.
Essex, MD 21221
ACT FAST - LIMITED SPACE AVAILABLE!
The Deal: $225 for Adult Beginner Sailing "Camp" at Baltimore County Sailing Camp ($320 Value - 30% Off). Includes:
- FOUR 3-Hour Sailing Sessions with Instruction
- Bonus! 4 Return Boat Rental Passes ($40 Value)
Pay Deposit Now:
- $50 Deposit is paid now at check-out.
- Register and pay $175 balance directly to Baltimore County Sailing Center by May 29, 2020.
2020 Class Sessions: Classes meet one day per week for four consecutive weeks. (In the event of inclement weather, a makeup class will be offered. Session 1 is 6/28; Session 2 is 8/2; Session 3 is 8/30.)
Thursdays from 5:30 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.
- Session 1: June 4, 11, 18, 25
- Session 2: July 9, 16, 23, 30
- Session 3: August 6, 13, 20, 27
Fridays from 5:30 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.
- Session 1: June 5, 12, 19, 26
- Session 2: July 10, 17, 24, 31
- Session 3: August 7, 14, 21, 28
Saturdays from 9 a.m. - noon OR 1 p.m. - 4 p.m.
- Session 1: June 6, 13, 20, 27
- Session 2: July 11, 18, 25, Aug. 1
- Session 3: August 8, 15, 22, 29
What You Need to Know:
Adult Sailing "Camp"
- Adult Beginner Sailing includes FOUR 3-hour sessions.
- Not valid for Adult Intermediate Sailing "Camp".
- Please wear water shoes, sun protection, sunglasses and a hat.
- Life jackets are provided and are required.
- All participants will need to pass a basic swim test on the first day of your session.
Bonus Boat Rental
- Bonus Boat Rental vouchers for four return sails/other boat rentals will be distributed to the first week of "camp".
- Includes use of kayaks, paddle boards and sailboats for up to 4 people, 4 single return trips or any breakdown of 4 boat rental passes.
- Boat rental HOURS are Saturday and Sunday from 11 a.m. - 7 p.m.
- All boat rentals are per person per hour. For example, if a 2-person tandem kayak is used for 2 people for one hour, that counts as 2 camp BONUS passes or 2 purchases.
- Sail boats will only be available to people with sailing experience.
Bonus passes may be used together or separately on different days.
No partial redemption if all bonus boat rentals are not redeemed.
- No additional registration fee.
Expiration: August 30, 2020.
To Redeem and Register for Adult Beginner Sailing "Camp":
- Click "BUY DEAL" button above to pay $50 deposit to reserve your session.
- Go to the Baltimore County Sailing Center website to create an account and register for class HERE. Enter the 6-digit vendor code located at the top of your voucher when prompted to enter coupon code.
- Please select your first session START date at checkout.
- Pay the balance of $175 directly to Baltimore County Sailing Center.
- Registration MUST be complete and balance paid by May 29, 2020.
- Please note, you are NOT officially registered for camp until you follow the redemption instructions above.
Valid only for the 2020 class sessions listed above. Limit 4 vouchers per customer. Cannot be combined with any other special offers, promotions or discounts. Not valid on prior class enrollments. Merchant cancellation policy applies. Refunds issued within one day of purchase only. Vendor is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided at redemption.
This deal / promo code / discount / special offer is only available through CertifiKID. If you experience any issues or difficulties with registering or purchasing, please email [email protected] and we will get back to you shortly.
Find even more great Baltimore, MD Coupons & Deals from CertifiKID.