North Potomac, MD
Mid-Atlantic Tennis Academy (MATA) is serving up a summer of fun with their weekly summer tennis camps!
Join them for a full-day (9am-3pm), half-day (9am-11am) or extended day (9am-5pm) at the Stonebridge Community Swim & Tennis Club in North Potomac. They offer beginner to advanced level tennis instruction from their highly qualified coaching staff, where campers are placed on a court with players of similar age, experience and interest.
Each day focuses on a specific stroke. Grip, technique, footwork, backswing, contact point, extension, and balance are all emphasized through drills and fun games. In addition, full-day and extended day participants enjoy swimming, indoor activities and match play.
MATA summer camp instruction will be offered at the following levels:
Red Ball for ages 4-6
Designed to develop motor skills and cognitive learning. Focus will be on hand-eye coordination, basic stroke technique, and enhancing each child’s interest in the game of tennis. This is the perfect program for a young beginner to start the game of tennis and create an interest that will last a lifetime!
Orange Ball for ages 7-9
Develop proper technique, footwork, and understanding of the game of tennis in a fun and friendly atmosphere. Includes an abbreviated warm-up, stroke specific drilling, and games. Students will gain a solid foundation for future development and learn how to keep score and play matches.
Futures I (Green Ball) for Ages 9-11
For players that need to or are still developing their grips, footwork, technique and understanding. Great clinic to develop a strong foundation for continued growth in the game. Focus on proper grips, techniques, footwork, and basic strategy using a Green dot ball.
Futures II (Regular Ball/Low-Intermediate) for ages 12-14
Same as Futures I - using a Regular tennis ball.
Classic (Regular Ball/High-Intermediate) Level based, not age based.
The perfect class for players looking to begin a competitive program. For players that have a solid foundation of footwork and technique (including all the proper grips), can keep a consistent groundstroke rally and have the ability to play and score matches on their own. Players are expected to be focused on improving (“the right way”), and looking to possibly make tennis their primary sport. Each clinic will include a short warm-up, drills (fed-ball) with focus on technique, footwork, strategy and court positioning as well as some match play, and fitness. This program will help develop a more consistent player through repetition and specialized instruction.
Information & Restrictions
Rates for ALL Weeks EXCEPT June 29-July 2
- $150 for One Week of Half-Day (9am-11am) MATA Summer Tennis Camp ($200 Value - 25% Off).
- $350 for One Week of Full-Day (9am-3pm) MATA Summer Tennis Camp ($470 Value - 25% Off).
- $450 for One Week of Extended-Day (9am-5pm) MATA Summer Tennis Camp ($600 Value - 25% Off).
Rates for July 4th Week Only (June 29-July 2)
- $120 for One Week of Extended-Day (9am-11am) MATA Summer Tennis Camp ($160 Value - 25% Off).
- $280 for One Week of Full-Day (9am-3pm) MATA Summer Tennis Camp ($375 Value - 25% Off).
- $360 for One Week of Full-Day (9am-5pm) MATA Summer Tennis Camp ($480 Value - 25% Off).
- Extended Day: 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Full Day: 9 a.m. - 3 p.m.
- Half Day: 9 a.m. - 11 a.m.
2020 Camp Sessions:
- June 22 - June 26
- June 29 - July 2 (no camp on Friday, July 3rd)
- July 6 - July 10
- July 13 - July 17
- July 20 - July 24
- July 27 - July 31
- August 3 - August 7
- August 10 - August 14
- August 17 - August 21
What You Need to Know:
- All camps are located at Stonebridge Community Swim & Tennis Club.
- Drop-off in front of Stonebridge Tennis Courts. Please do not drop-off prior to 8:45am or leave kids unattended.
- Full-Day and Extended Day campers must bring a bagged lunch, swimsuit, towel, sunscreen and goggles (if desired).
- All campers should bring water in a large, labeled water bottle.
- Camp is held rain or shine. Makeups are only available if classes are cancelled by MATA. In the event of inclement weather, players will watch "G-rated" movies, play board games, watch tennis through our streaming ATP channel, swim (if no thunder but courts are wet), do STEM projects and more.
To Redeem and Register for Camp:
- Registration is required and space is limited. After purchase, please call 301-970-9887 or email [email protected] to register for camp. Provide your 12-digit CertifiKID voucher number.
- Please note, you are NOT officially registered for camp until you follow the redemption instructions above.
Valid only for the 2020 camp sessions listed above. Multiple vouchers may be purchased and redeemed for multiple children or multiple camp sessions. Cannot be combined with any other special offers, promotions or discounts. Not valid on prior camp enrollments. Merchant cancellation policy applies. Refunds issued within one day of purchase only. Vendor is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided at redemption.
This deal / promo code / discount / special offer is only available through CertifiKID. If you experience any issues or difficulties with registering or purchasing, please email [email protected] and we will get back to you shortly.
Find even more great Washington, DC Coupons & Deals from CertifiKID.