Times Square, NYC
Is your kid a natural at making people laugh? Or perhaps they need a little comedy to bring them out of their shell? Make their Winter or Spring Break loads of fun (and full of laughs) at Comedy Camp with The Improv Theater!
Since 2011, Walt Frasier, Actor and Artistic Director of Eight Is Never Enough and Improv 4 Kids, has offered comedy classes and camps for kids and teens at the Broadway Comedy Club at W. 53rd and 8th Ave. Every day offers beginner and advanced students, ages 7-17, two sessions of learning and playing Improv warm-up, technique and performance games. Campers then transform stories of personal experience and observation into original stand-up comedy routines.
The #1 rule is “HAVE FUN but never at another’s expense!” In this safe space, your child will discover creative writing, critical thinking, public speaking, team dynamic, leadership skills and self confidence. Camp includes daily lunches and snacks, as well as a weekly showcase on Fridays at 2 p.m. for an invited audience of friends, family and industry pros, and admission to a public professional Improv show performed by the theater's teachers, counselors and colleagues.
A bit more sophisticated than a regular theater camp, your child will learn how to generate a "quick on your feet" improvisational approach to acting.
Information & Restrictions
- $100 for One Full-Day Improv Theater Winter or Spring Break Comedy Camp ($125 Value - 20% Off). Valid Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday only.
- $360 for One WEEK of Full-Day Improv Theater Winter or Spring Break Comedy Camp ($450 Value - 20% Off).
- Full Day: 9:30 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Early Drop-off (8:45 am) and Late Pick-up (5:15pm) offered at no extra charge.
2020 Camp Sessions:
- Winter Break: February 17 - February 21
- Spring Break: April 13 - April 17
What You Need to Know:
- Daily registrations may only be redeemed Monday-Wednesdays as Thursdays & Fridays are focused on putting up a show Friday afternoon.
- Broadway Comedy Club is located at W. 53rd and 8th Ave.
- Includes daily lunch and snacks. Healthy and vegetarian options available.
- For those with extreme dietary needs, it is recommended that you bring a bagged lunch.
- Video of the final performance will be made available to participating students at no additional cost.
- For FAQs, click HERE.
To Redeem and Register for Camp:
- Registration is required and space is limited. After purchase, please email [email protected] with your contact info, name(s) of campers, 12-digit CertifiKID voucher number(s) and the week(s) you wish to redeem to register for camp.
- Please note, you are NOT officially registered for camp until you follow the redemption instructions above.
Valid only for the 2020 Winter or Spring Break camps. Multiple vouchers may be purchased and redeemed for multiple children or multiple camp sessions. Cannot be combined with any other special offers, promotions or discounts. Not valid on prior camp enrollments. Merchant cancellation policy applies. Refunds issued within one day of purchase only. Vendor is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided at redemption.
This deal / promo code / discount / special offer is only available through CertifiKID. If you experience any issues or difficulties with registering or purchasing, please email [email protected] and we will get back to you shortly.
Find even more great New York, NY Coupons & Deals from CertifiKID.