Trough Trip or Sunset Trough Trip: Child Ticket
Trough Trip or Sunset Trough Trip: Adult Ticket
All-Day Trip: Child Ticket
All-Day Trip: Adult Ticket
Please refer to the Information & Restrictions for the deal before purchase.
Head west and hop aboard a vintage 1920's-era passenger rail car for the perfect day trip through West Virginia's South Branch valley - home to American Bald Eagles.
This year Potomac Eagle Scenic Railroad is celebrating it's 30th birthday! From the first day Potomac Eagle opened its doors in 1991, they have been offering a beautiful train ride that passengers can enjoy from the moment they arrive to the moment they get off.
In honor of its 30th birthday, Potomac Eagle Scenic Railroad is offering CertifiKID subscribers 30% Off these heartwarming train rides:
- Trough Trip: Enjoy the scenic view during this 3-hour excursion that goes southbound along the Potomac River, through the Trough to the Sycamore Bridge and back. The Trough is a narrow six-mile-long, steep, narrow gorge known for Bald Eagle-sightings.
- Sunset Trough Trip: One Friday each month between May and October, experience the 3-hour Trough Trip (above) just in time to take in the majestic colors as the sun sets below the horizon.
- All-Day Trip to Petersburg: One Saturday each month between May and October, enjoy this 8-hour excursion to Petersburg, WV. A layover in Petersburg allows time to enjoy the quaint town, unique shops and restaurants.
Make a date for a Potomac Eagle Scenic Railroad train excursion with your family this spring or summer. You and your family will delight in the rich history, breathtaking views and beautiful West Virginia flora.
Information & Restrictions
149 Eagle Drive
Romney, WV 26757
COVID 19 Update: Potomac Eagle Scenic Railroad is following all current social distancing policies and will continue to update those as needed. Click here for more detailed health and safety protocols.
Trough Trip or Sunset Trough Trip
- $42 for Adult Standard Coach Ticket - Ages 13+ ($60 Value - 30% Off).
- $21 for Child Standard Coach Ticket - Ages 4 to 12 ($30 Value - 30% Off)
All-Day Trip to Petersburg
- $70 for Adult Standard Coach Ticket - Ages 13+ ($100 Value - 30% Off).
- $35 for Child Standard Coach Ticket - Ages 4 to 12 ($50 Value - 30% Off)
What You Need to Know:
- Valid any operating day through November 7, 2021, with the exception of weekends in October.
- Children 3 and under are free. However, each still requires a ticket. Please inquire when calling to make a reservation.
- See 2021 Train Schedule HERE.
- Less than a three-hour drive from D.C., Baltimore & Pittsburgh.
Expiration: November 07, 2021
- Reservations required and subject to availability. Please call 304-424-0736 to make your reservations.
- Mention your CertifiKID voucher before arriving at Potomac Eagle Scenic Railroad.
- Upon arrival at Ticket Office (the blue caboose), present your voucher for entry, printed or on a smartphone.
This deal / promo code / discount / special offer is only available through CertifiKID. If you experience any issues or difficulties with registering or purchasing, please email [email protected] and we will get back to you shortly.
Find even more great Washington, DC Coupons & Deals from CertifiKID.