In the language of the Native American Sioux tribe, the word “Koda” means friend. A horse, like no other animal, has an almost mystical ability to look at you with their soulful eyes and become fast friends. Getting to know, and care for horses, can be a life-long gift for a child, and Camp Koda is the perfect place to set out on an equestrian adventure!
Camp Koda is located at a world class training facility for horses and riders just around the bend from historic Leesburg, Virginia. Camp Koda’s goal is to promote healthy growth and development by giving campers the opportunity to develop responsibility, respect for themselves, the horses and others and also to support one another through positive social interaction and build a sense of “team spirit”.
Camp Koda offers innovative levels of challenge and activities for new and returning campers alike - all built upon the foundation of their world-class equestrian fundamentals. Their unique "weekly themes" not only spark the imagination of campers, but ignite genuine creative thinking all summer long!
Camp Koda is a Program of American Academy of Equestrian Sciences.
Information & Restrictions
Covid-19 Update: Safety protocols with the highest health and safety policies are in place to safeguard campers and team members. Please click HERE for more details.
- $250 for One Week of Pony Camp at Camp Koda ($299 Value - 17% Off).
- $424 for One Week of Horse Camp/Workshop at Camp Koda ($499 Value - 16% Off).
- Pony Camp is for ages 5-16.
- Horse Camp/Workshop is for ages 10 and up.
- Pony Camp: 9 a.m. - 11 a.m.
- Horse Camp/Workshop: 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
2021 Camp Sessions: Every camp week has a different theme and even though each day’s structure stays the same, the activities change to reflect the horse’s involvement in such theme.
- June 14 - June 18: Caring & Riding (Pony Camp) | Caring & Training (Horse Camp)
- June 21 - June 25: Horse Environment & Behavior (Pony & Horse Camp)
- June 28 - July 2: Taking Care of My Horse (Pony Camp) | Seat & Position (Horse Camp)
- July 5 - July 9: Horse's Gaits (Pony Camp) | The Rider's Aids (Horse Camp)
- July 12 - July 16: Seat & Position (Pony Camp) | Horse's Gaits (Horse Camp)
- July 19 - July 23: Balanced Seat (Pony Camp) | Position & Timing (Horse Camp)
- July 26 - July 30: Horse Discipline (Pony Camp) | Horse Disciplines (Horse Camp)
- August 2 - August 6: 1st Law of Riding (Pony & Horse Camp)
- August 9 - August 13: Horse's Natural Behavior (Pony & Horse Camp)
- August 16 - August 20: Rider's Aids (Pony Camp) | Training Steps (Horse Camp)
- August 23 - August 27: Approaching a Fence (Pony & Horse Camp)
- August 30 - September 3: Show Preparation (Pony & Horse Camp)
Preparing for Camp:
- A parent or guardian 30-minute orientation is held on the first day of each camp session at 8:45 a.m. Attendance is mandatory and applies to parents/guardians of both new and returning campers.
- For safety reasons, please leave the following items at home: jewelry, chewing gum, all electronic devices (iPods, electronic games, computer devices).
- All campers must complete an enrollment form every year to ensure every camper's information is up to date, including but not limited to: medical history, contact information, and authorized individuals for pickup and emergency contact. Camp Koda will provide a link to these forms upon registration.
What You Need to Know:
- One discounted voucher per family may be purchased and redeemed for one camp session. Other multiple camp discounts are available. Please contact Camp Koda directly.
- If for any reason a camper is unable to attend camp during the camp week purchased, Camp Koda will make every effort to reschedule the camp or apply the value of the voucher to other services offered by Camp Koda or the American Academy of Equestrian Sciences - provided that Camp Koda is notified at least two weeks in advance of the scheduled camp start date.
- AAES and/or Camp Koda is responsible for the quality of products or services provided at redemption.
- After purchase, please click HERE to access the contact form and enter your CertifiKID voucher number and camp week you purchased in the message section.
- Please note CertifiKID voucher as your method of payment.
- Email completed form to [email protected] to initiate the registration process.
- Please print out your voucher and present it on the first day of camp.
- Please note, you are NOT officially registered for camp until you follow the redemption instructions above.
Valid only for the 2021 camp sessions listed above. One voucher may be purchased per family. Cannot be combined with any other special offers, promotions or discounts. Not valid on prior camp enrollments. Merchant cancellation policy applies. This very special camp deal is nonrefundable. Vendor is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided at redemption.
This deal / promo code / discount / special offer is only available through CertifiKID. If you experience any issues or difficulties with registering or purchasing, please email [email protected] and we will get back to you shortly.
Find even more great Washington, DC Coupons & Deals from CertifiKID.