Select Dates through October
ALL ABOARD! Take the family on a scenic trip back in time with an Excursion Train Ride at Walkersville Southern Railroad! This dream outing for train lovers starts at Walkersville's authentic, turn-of-the-century railroad station. Next, board a vintage 1920s passenger car or an open-air flat car to start your journey over track that the Pennsylvania Railroad originally laid down in 1872.
Your excursion, which lasts a little over an hour, will chug beside a 100-year-old lime kiln, past picturesque Maryland farm country with a view of the Catoctin Mountains west of Frederick, and over a bridge high above the beautiful Monocacy River.
Before your scenic choo-choo ride, check out the Railroad Museum (FREE!) just across the street, featuring a Children's Corner, educational displays, and model trains.
An outing with the Walkersville Southern Railroad is literally a trip that will take you over the river and through the woods! Except you won't be going to Grandmother's house -- take her along for the ride! ALL ABOARD!
Photo Credit: Amy Lipsius
What Real Parents Think:
Information & Restrictions
COVID 19 Update: Walkersville Southern Railroad is taking all necessary safety precautions and will continue to update those as needed.
The Deal: $10 for a Train Ride at Walkersville Southern Railroad ($15-$20 Value – Up to 50% Off)
- Valid for One Coach Seat on a regular excursion train ride;
- Or limited special-event train rides, to include the following events* ONLY: Excursion, Sunday Picnics, Autumn Excursion, Steam Train, Civil War, Jesse James Day, Super Hero Picnic, Teddy Bear Picnic and Grandparents/Patriot Day. *Visit www.WSRR.org for event dates/times.
- April 30, 2022 through October 30, 2022.
- Offer EXCLUDES: Bunny Trains, Character Trains (Wizard Express, Princess Express Pirates & Pixies and Winter Express), Fireworks Train, Santa Trains, Dinner and Murder Mystery Dinner Trains.
- One voucher required per individual per train ride.
- Tickets required for guests ages 2+. Children under 2 ride FREE on the lap of an Adult and do not require a ticket.
- Admission to the Walkersville Southern Railroad Museum is FREE.
- Train runs rain or shine; vouchers are not refunded for inclement weather.
- Advanced reservations recommended but not required.
- Seats on trains are limited, reservations are recommended, but not required. WSRR cannot guarantee seats on Sold Out trains without prior reservations. See redemption details for how to reserve your spot.
- Train ride is approximately 1 hour and 10 minutes. Super Hero and Teddy Bear picnic trains include a 1-hour stop at the local community park for a BYO Picnic and storytime hosted by the local public library.
- Passenger cars are handicapped accessible. Call ahead to ensure seating is available. Picnic Trains are not handicap accessible at this time.
- This deal is redeemable for admission to a specific ticketed event and venue. It has no value once the event date and time has passed and is only refundable on day of purchase.
- Vouchers are not refundable for inclement weather.
- To reserve your seats in advance, please email [email protected] or call (301) 898-0899 with your name, 12-digit CertifiKID voucher number, number of guests attending and which event date/time you would like to attend.
- Present your voucher at the ticket office for entry, printed or on a smartphone.
- Plan to arrive at least 30 minutes prior to train departure.
This deal / promo code / discount / special offer is only available through CertifiKID. If you experience any issues or difficulties with registering or purchasing, please email [email protected] and we will get back to you shortly.
Find even more great Baltimore, MD Coupons & Deals from CertifiKID.