Trough Trip or Sunset Trough Trip: Child Ticket
Trough Trip or Sunset Trough Trip: Adult Ticket
All-Day Trip: Child Ticket
All-Day Trip: Adult Ticket
Please refer to the Information & Restrictions for the deal before purchase.
Head west and hop aboard a vintage 1920's-era passenger rail car for the perfect day trip.
Less than 3 hours from the Washington, DC, Baltimore and Pittsburgh areas, your Potomac Eagle Scenic Railroad journey will take you through West Virginia's South Branch Valley - home to American bald eagles.
Potomac Eagle Scenic Railroad offers a beautiful train ride that passengers enjoy from the moment they arrive to the moment they get off. Hop aboard to enjoy any of these heartwarming train rides:
- Trough Trip: Enjoy the scenic view during this 3-hour excursion that goes southbound along the Potomac River, through the Trough to the Sycamore Bridge and back. The Trough is a narrow six-mile-long, steep, narrow gorge known for Bald Eagle-sightings.
- Sunset Trough Trip: One Friday each month between May and October, experience the 3-hour Trough Trip (above) just in time to take in the majestic colors as the sun sets below the horizon.
- All-Day Trip to Petersburg: One Saturday each month between May and October, enjoy this 9-hour excursion to Petersburg, WV. A 3-hour layover in Petersburg allows time to enjoy the quaint town, unique shops and restaurants.
Make a date for a Potomac Eagle Scenic Railroad train excursion with your family! You and your family will delight in the rich history, beautiful flora and breathtaking views.
Information & Restrictions
149 Eagle Drive
Romney, WV 26757
Trough Trip or Sunset Trough Trip
- $46 for Adult Standard Coach Ticket - Ages 17+ ($70 Value - 35% Off).
- $30 for Child Standard Coach Ticket - Ages 2 to 16 ($40 Value - 25% Off)
All-Day Trip to Petersburg
- $71 for Adult Standard Coach Ticket - Ages 17+ ($110 Value - 36% Off).
- $45 for Child Standard Coach Ticket - Ages 2 to 16 ($60 Value - 25% Off)
What You Need to Know:
- Valid any operating day from April 15 - September 30, 2023
- See 2023 Train Schedule HERE.
- Children under 2 are free. However, each still requires a ticket. Please inquire when calling to make a reservation.
Expiration: September 30, 2023
- Reservations required and subject to availability.
- To make reservations, please call 304-424-0736 and mention that you purchased through CertifiKID.
- Upon arrival at Ticket Office (the blue caboose), present your voucher(s) for entry, printed or on a smartphone.
This deal / promo code / discount / special offer is only available through CertifiKID. If you experience any issues or difficulties with registering or purchasing, please email [email protected] and we will get back to you shortly.
Find even more great Washington, DC Coupons & Deals from CertifiKID.