Steam Train Ride at Walkersville Southern Railroad
May 20th - June 4th
ALL ABOARD! Take the family on a scenic trip back in time with an Excursion Train Ride at Walkersville Southern Railroad!
Experience the exciting sights, smells and sounds of steam for three weekends beginning May 20th! Ride behind a real, coal-fired steam locomotive. Be sure to have your camera ready for some memorable photos. We'll have two open flat cars behind the steamer, plus several enclosed cars and a caboose (caboose available when not privately reserved). Note that you may not want to wear your Sunday best because the steam locomotive can shower a little coal dust and water at times.
This dream outing for train lovers starts at Walkersville's authentic, turn-of-the-century railroad station. Next, board a vintage 1920s passenger car or an open-air flat car to start your journey over track that the Pennsylvania Railroad originally laid down in 1872.
Your excursion, which lasts a little over an hour, will chug beside a 100-year-old lime kiln, past picturesque Maryland farm country with a view of the Catoctin Mountains west of Frederick, and over a bridge high above the beautiful Monocacy River.
After your scenic choo-choo ride, check out the Railroad Museum (FREE!) just across the street, featuring a Children's Corner, educational displays, and model trains.
An outing with the Walkersville Southern Railroad is literally a trip that will take you over the river and through the woods! Except you won't be going to Grandmother's house -- take her along for the ride! ALL ABOARD!
What Real Parents Think:
Information & Restrictions
34 W. Pennsylvania Ave.
Walkersville, MD 21793
Email: [email protected]
The Deal: $15 for One Steam Train Ride Admission (ages 2+) at Walkersville Southern Railroad ($18 - $22 Value – Up to 32% Off)
- Adult Ticket ($22 value - 32% off)
- Child (under 2 are FREE) Ticket ($18 value - 17% off)
- Senior (age 55+) Ticket ($18 value - 17% off)
Valid on Select Dates ONLY:
- May 20, 2023 at 11:00 a.m., 1:00 p.m. or 3:00 p.m.
- May 21, 2023 at 11:00 a.m., 1:00 p.m. or 3:00 p.m.
- May 27, 2023 at 11:00 a.m., 1:00 p.m. or 3:00 p.m.
- May 28, 2023 at 11:00 a.m., 1:00 p.m. or 3:00 p.m.
- May 29, 2023 at 11:00 a.m., 1:00 p.m. or 3:00 p.m.
- June 3, 3023 at 11:00 a.m., 1:00 p.m. or 3:00 p.m. (Jesse James Day)
- June 4, 2023 at 11:00 a.m., 1:00 p.m. or 3:00 p.m.
- HURRY! Limited number of vouchers available, don't delay!
- Bring the whole family! No limit to the number of vouchers you can purchase.
- One voucher required per individual (ages 2+) per train ride.
- Children under 2 ride FREE on the lap of a paying adult.
- Admission to the Walkersville Southern Railroad Museum is FREE.
- Train ride is approximately 1 hour and 10 minutes.
- Train runs rain or shine; vouchers are not refunded for inclement weather.
- This deal is redeemable for admission to a specific ticketed event and venue. It has no value once the event date and time has passed and is only refundable on day of purchase.
- Vouchers are not refundable for inclement weather.
- Once you purchase, email [email protected] or call (301) 898-0899 with your name, 12 digit CertifiKID voucher number, number of guests attending and date and time of event you'd like to attend.
- Present your CertifiKID voucher at the ticket office for entry; printed or on your smartphone.
- Valid only on select dates only. Vouchers will not be accepted prior to May 20, 2023.
- Plan to arrive at least 30 minutes prior to train departure.
This deal / promo code / discount / special offer is only available through CertifiKID. If you experience any issues or difficulties with registering or purchasing, please email [email protected] and we will get back to you shortly.
Find even more great Baltimore, MD Coupons & Deals from CertifiKID.