Posted Nov 29, 2019
National Cookie Day is Wednesday, December 4th! Matt Nader of the Blue Chip Cookie Company out of San Francisco is credited with proclaiming the official date back in 1987. However, Sesame Street's lovable cookie fanatic, Cookie Monster, has been celebrating National Cookie Day since the '70s. We're going to go with the furry blue guy on this one.
Interesting Cookie Facts
- 7 billion cookies are consumed in the U.S. every year - that equates to over 1,000 cookies per person!
- The Animal Cracker was the first commercial cookie introduced in the U.S. in 1902.
- The chocolate chip cookie was invented in 1937 by Ruth Graves Wakefield (1905 - 1977) who ran the Toll House Inn, a popular restaurant in Whitman, Massachusetts that featured home cooking.
- The Oreo, introduced by Nabisco in 1912, is the best selling cookie in the U.S.
- The Girl Scouts started selling cookies in the 1920s. They sell about 200 million boxes equaling about $700 million in revenue every year!
National Cookie Day Deals and Freebies
Enough with the facts, here's what you've been waiting for -- FREE COOKIES! Check out this list of retailers celebrating National Cookie Day this year with sweet deals and freebies.
Mrs. Fields: Mrs. Fields is offering two great freebies this year! In store, get a free cookie with any purchase at Mrs. Fields retail outlets nationwide (while supplies last) on National Cookie Day only. Online, if you purchase the new Mrs. Fields Nutcracker Sweet Tower, you can send a bestselling Peace, Love & Cookies 30 Nibbler Tin to a friend for FREE! This online offer is valid throughout the month of December while supplies last.
DoubleTree by Hilton: Did you know that DoubleTree by Hilton is known for their delicious, warm chocolate chip cookies that greet their guests at check-in? Find out what all the fuss is about by stopping by any of their more than 350 U.S. locations on National Cookie Day for a complimentary ooey-gooey signature DoubleTree by Hilton Cookie! Additionally, customers can purchase collectible holiday cookie tins, which make the perfect sweet gift of the season, at http://www.doubletreecookies.com/, and check out the brand's own cookie pairings guide.
Great American Cookies: Loyalty app members who present their reward offer in-store will receive one free Original Chocolate Chip Cookie at participating stores on National Cookie Day. The loyalty app must be downloaded and sign-up completed by midnight on December 3rd to receive the offer. No purchase necessary. Find your local Great American Cookies store here.
Insomnia Cookies: Insomnia Cookies is celebrating National Cookie Day all WEEK long with freebies and special surprises.
- From Monday, December 2nd - Monday, December 9th, get one free traditional cookie with any online delivery order and save 20% off shipping with code: GIFT20. Customers can also enter to win free cookies for an entire year!
- On Cyber Monday, December 2nd, get free ground shipping on all gifting orders.
- On Wednesday, December 4th, guests will be treated to one free traditional cookie in-store at any one of Insomnia Cookie's 145 locations nationwide - no purchase necessary! They will also be offering $12, 12 cookie packs.
Nestle Toll House Café by Chip
Nestle Toll House Café by Chip: In honor of National Cookie Day, Nestle Toll House Café by Chip is offering customers a special deal all week long! Get 12 classic cookies for $12 from Dec. 4 - 11, 2019 at participating locations nationwide. Click here to find your closest location. Not valid with any other offer.
Penn Station East Coast Subs: Get a FREE chocolate chunk cookie bite on National Cookie Day, December 4th while supplies last. All locations are participating and no coupon or purchase is necessary.
Photo Courtesy of Cheryl's Cookies
Cheryl's Cookies: Buttercream frosting fanatics can indulge in these exclusive deals online and at retail locations, while supplies last:
- Online shoppers will receive free shipping sitewide all-day along with 50% off the Sparkling Holiday Gift Tower (that’s just $19.99 for an assortment of 48 cookies!) when purchased on National Cookie Day.
- Visitors to all retail store locations on December 4th can take advantage of 50% off select items, free samples and enter to win the Traditional VIP Gift Tower – a delicious assortment of 73 gourmet treats that retails at $99.99.
- Plus, from Monday, December 2nd through Sunday, December 8th, in-store shoppers can take 50% off the Holiday Cookie Box and everything needed to create their own Cheryl’s Cookies assortment – including Doughballs, Cut-Out Cookie Dough and Cheryl’s Cookies Buttercream Frosting.
The Christie Cookie Co.: The Nashville gourmet cookie company founded in 1983 is offering customer's two great offers for National Cookie Day. Locally in Nashville, their two bakeries will be giving away one FREE cookie to customers, while supplies last. Online, they are offering 15% off purchases sitewide with code: COOKIEDAY (some exclusions apply).
Zambawango Snickerdoodle Cookies
Zambawango: The Atlanta, Georgia specialty bakery is offering its customers a FREE cup of locally roasted, specialty grade, all-natural coffee with every cookie purchased on National Cookie Day, December 4th. Simply mention "Happy Cookie Day Zambawango!" to any of their baristas to claim the freebie. Zambawango is a trend-setting cafe specializing in treats for individuals with dietary restrictions. Their low-carb desserts, pastries and other baked goods contain 4 grams of net carbs or less per serving, no sugar or gluten, and are all natural and suitable for any version of the healthy low-carb lifestyle.
Check out Holiday Gift Card Freebies You Need to Know About for even more deals and savings this holiday season.
CertifiKID was founded by a mom with a passion for helping parents provide the best experiences for their children on a budget. From outings to adventures, classes to camps, theater to sporting events, amusement parks to getaways, CertifiKID provides the best family-friendly experiences at unbeatable prices. Sign up for family-friendly deals in your area and start saving!
Explore More Categories
National Cupcake Day 2019: Where to Score FREE Cupcakes!
Real Mom Reviews
Real Mom Review: Museum of the Bible in Washington, D.C.
Real Mom Reviews
Real Mom Review: Tile - The Finder of All Things!
Real Mom Reviews
Real Mom Review: Becoming Jane at the National Geographic Museum in Washington, D.C.
The Best Holiday Train Displays in the Washington, D.C. Area to Get You in the Spirit