- By City
- All Deals
- Most Popular
- Community Giving
Museum Day is This Saturday: Score Free Admission to Local Family-Friendly Faves in D.C. and Baltimore!By Kim Humphrey, Team CertifiKID
Posted Sep 20, 2018
We are fortunate to live in the Washington, D.C area where we have free access to so many world-class museums every day of the year thanks to the Smithsonian Institution. This Saturday, September 22nd you can get in free to a handful of D.C. museums that aren't already free, as well as many museums throughout Maryland and Virginia, thanks to Smithsonian magazine's annual Museum Day celebration.
Every year, participating museums across the country - over 1,500 this year! - provide free entry on Museum Day to anyone presenting a Museum Day ticket. You can search for participating museums and download your tickets here. Each ticket provides free general admission for two people and you are allowed to download one ticket per email address.
Participating museums in our area include:
- Dumbarton House
- National Building Museum (Can't visit on Museum Day? Save 50% off admission with this CertifiKID Deal)
- National Museum of Women in the Arts
- The Kreeger Museum
- The Phillips Collection
- Baltimore Museum of Industry (Can't make it on Museum Day? Save 50% off admission with this CertifiKID Deal)
- B&O Railroad Museum
- Jewish Museum of Maryland (closed Saturday; valid Sunday, Sept. 23rd)
- Maryland Historical Society
- Phoenix Shot Tower
- Reginald F. Lewis Museum
- Star-Spangled Banner Flag House and Museum
There are over 40 museums throughout Maryland and 75 in Virginia that are participating in Museum Day this year. Here are some of our top family-friendly picks! Don't see what you're looking for? Search the full list of participating museums here.
Other Maryland Museums:
- Calvert Marine Museum, Solomons
- Chesapeake Children's Museum, Annapolis
- Discovery Station at Hagerstown, Inc., Hagerstown
- College Park Aviation Museum, College Park
- The Fire Museum of Maryland, Lutherville (Can't make it on Museum Day? Save up to 48% off admission with this CertifiKID Deal)
- Loudoun Heritage Farm Museum (Sterling)
- Shenandoah Valley Discovery Museum (Winchester)
- AAF Tank Museum, Danville
- Danville Science Center, Danville
- Stonewall Jackson House, Lexington
- The American Civil War Museum, multiple sites throughout Greater Richmond
- The Poe Museum, Richmond
- Virginia Discovery Museum, Charlottesville
- Virginia Museum of Contemporary Art, Virginia Beach
- Virginia Museum of Natural History, Martinsville
Don't forget to download your free tickets in advance!
CertifiKID was founded by a mom with a passion for helping parents provide the best experiences for their children on a budget. From outings to adventures, classes to camps, theater to sporting events, amusement parks to getaways, CertifiKID provides the best family-friendly experiences at unbeatable prices. Sign up for family-friendly deals in your area and start saving!
About Our Deals - What We Say
Looking for a Flexible, Remote Job? Learn What it's Like to Teach English Online With VIPKid!
Real Mom Review: Bull Run Festival of Lights in Centreville, VA
Real Mom Review: Christmas Village in Baltimore
Just For Fun
Holiday Giving Guide for Parents: What to Give the Nanny, Babysitter, Teacher & More!
Just For Fun
Best Ice Skating Rinks in Atlanta for Families