- By City
- All Deals
- Most Popular
- Community Giving
Put your skills, passion and creativity to work as part of the CertifiKID team!
CertifiKID is Where Families Explore, Play & Save! We help families across the U.S. create amazing memories at unbeatable prices. We feature the best of everything families want and need in their local cities, as well as the nation's favorite brands. We are looking for dynamic individuals who are excited to play a role in our fast-growing business.
We are currently hiring for 3 positions! See detailed job descriptions below.
- NEW! Full-Time Marketing Assistant (40 Hours per Week)
- Full-Time DC/Baltimore Metro Area Sales Representative (40 Hours per Week)
- Full-Time National Sales Representative (40 Hours per Week)
CertifiKID is the nation's leading website for savings on family-friendly activities and entertainment. Our mission is to connect our members, 90% moms, with the newest, coolest kids activities and family fun in their communities at unbeatable prices.
We are looking for an energetic, creative, social media superstar with excellent writing/editing skills to join our growing team as a Marketing Assistant. This is a great opportunity for someone who wants to take their marketing skills to the next level in a small company environment where new ideas are always welcome and initiative is rewarded.
This is an entry-level, full-time, work-from-home position. We are a 100% remote team, with the exception of quarterly in-person team meetings on-site at our headquarters in Potomac, MD. The Marketing Assistant will also be required to meet with the Director of Marketing a few times each month in the Northern Virginia area, as well as visit our vendor partner locations within the Baltimore-Washington metro area, as required. You must reside within the Greater Washington DC or Baltimore metro areas to be considered for this role.
The Marketing Assistant will report to our Director of Marketing, but may also assist our CEO and COO with administrative and sales support tasks, as needed. We are a team-oriented culture with an "all hands on deck" mentality and anyone who joins our team must be willing to pitch in wherever needed to get the job done.
The Marketing Assistant will assist the Director of Marketing with the following:
- Administrative support, including research, data collection/entry, creating and updating spreadsheets, digital file management, mailings, and other tasks, as needed.
- Writing and editing a wide variety of content, including blog posts, deal write-ups, and copy for graphics and digital campaigns.
- Helping manage our editorial calendar, including content strategy and ideation, identifying resources for possible content partnerships, and managing contract writers.
- Editing photos and videos and creating graphics.
- Helping manage our social media accounts (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, LinkedIn, YouTube), including curating content, responding to comments, and moderating our Facebook Groups.
- Identifying opportunities for social media collaborations and advertising, including influencers, bloggers, and Facebook Pages and Groups.
- "Field" work, including visiting our vendor partner locations to take photos/video, producing Facebook Live videos, and acting as a member of our "street team" to spread the word about CertifiKID.
The ideal candidate for this position possesses experience, skills and capabilities in the following areas:
- Excellent writing and editing skills with experience writing both long-form and short-form creative content.
- Photo and video editing and basic graphic design skills.
- Technical proficiency, including with Google Drive/Docs and the entire Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience using social media in a business capacity.
- Motivated self-starter with great initiative and proven ability to take an idea from conception through design and implementation.
- Capable of being productive in a remote work environment, including adhering to a regular M-F work schedule with availability during prime business hours, 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- (Preferred) Actively engaged online with the millennial mom community.
If you think you are a great fit for our Marketing Assistant position, please email the following to [email protected]: (1) resume (2) cover letter addressing your experience in each of the areas above, and (3) desired salary range. Applications that do not include all of the required information will not be considered.
FULL-TIME SALES REPRESENTATIVE - DC/BALTIMORE & NATIONAL
We are seeking account representatives to help us keep pace with our fast-growing business. These are full-time, telecommute positions that offer a salary + commission structure, and operate 12 months/year. You will be responsible for outbound prospecting, closing inbound leads, as well as maintaining current business accounts.
- DC/Baltimore Sales Representative: The candidate must reside in the DC/Baltimore metro area. The primary focus is to find can’t-be-beat deals and up and coming family-friendly businesses in the DC/Baltimore market. The position's secondary focus is to partner with name brands to offer promotions on the national level.
- National Sales Representative: The candidate must live anywhere within the United States. The primary focus is to partner with name brands to offer promotions on the national level. The secondary focus is to find can’t-be-beat deals and up and coming family-friendly businesses in our local markets (DC, Baltimore, New York, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Atlanta, South Florida, Chicago, Dallas, Los Angeles, and San Francisco).
Qualifications: Experience in sales, online advertising, or local advertising is required. Experience with Salesforce is a plus, but not required.
The ideal candidate is a passionate, motivated and entrepreneurial individual who is:
- Excited about making 25+ phone calls every day and spending 3+ hours talking on the phone
- Competitive by nature! You love convincing friends and family members to do things your way. You don't take no for an answer, yet you are able to handle objections in a professional and strategic manner.
- Extremely organized and has a proven ability to meet/exceed goals, and manage a high volume pipeline.
- An expert in the consultative selling approach and would be excited to help businesses, large and small, to leverage the advertising power of CertifiKID.
- Able to manage client expectations to foster long-term partnerships and maintain high retention rates.
- Has a positive, team player attitude and comes into work ready to conquer the day.
- Adept at technology and able to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Able to think on his/her feet, speak eloquently, communicate effectively via email, and feel comfortable interacting with individuals at all levels within a business.
- Self-motivated and works independently with little to no supervision.
Required Skills & Experience:
- An in-depth knowledge of the family market, especially on the local level, including consumer trends
- Excellent research and writing skills
- Exceptional oral communication and presentation skills with the ability to sell a concept or deal to a business at all decision-making levels
- A strong ability to think strategically in relation to the farming of deals and building of business relationships
- Ability to work independently while still being part of a team-based business model
- Ability to work with minimal supervision while maintaining focus, productivity and meeting deadlines
- Ability to effectively telecommute, fostering relationships primarily via telephone and email
- Commitment of at least 40 hours per week, 12 months/year
- Seeking out, developing and cultivating leads, including the use of online resources such as email and social media, as well as telephone calls and in-person solicitation
- Interfacing within the market with community groups, parents, prospective subscribers and businesses
- Assessing potential business deals, negotiating favorable terms and acquiring commitment from businesses
- Managing relationships with clients
- Constructing proposals and contracts within CertifiKID guidelines
- Preparing reports and maintaining communication on contacts and sales activity with the CertifiKID management team
- Outlining and preparing deal “write-ups” based on information provided by business clients and augmenting this information with research as required
- Utilizing Salesforce to manage leads and accounts
If you think joining our team as a Sales Representative sounds like just the niche for you, please email us at [email protected] with a cover letter and resume. Indicate whether you are applying for the DC/Baltimore or National position. A member of our staffing department will be in touch with you shortly.