Effective Date July 12, 2022
This Privacy Statement (this “Privacy Statement”) is published by CertifiKID Holdings, LLC (referred to in this Privacy Statement as “CertifiKID,” “we,” “us,” or “our”) to explain our privacy practices for any information we receive via https://www.certifikid.com and any page or application controlled by us that links to this Privacy Statement (together, the “Site”). Certain portions of this Privacy Statement also apply to other personal information collected or maintained by us, for example, under the “Rights Under the California Consumer Privacy Act” and “Rights Under the Virginia Consumer Data Protection Act” sections, below.
By using the Site or receiving any of our services (the “Services”) you consent to the terms of this Privacy Statement. If you do not agree to the terms and conditions of this Privacy Statement, including having your Personal Information (as defined below) used in any of the ways described in this Privacy Statement, do not provide us with your information. Please note, however, that if you don’t provide us with your information, you may not be able to use certain parts or features of our Site or we may not be able to provide you certain Services.
We may update this Privacy Statement from time-to-time in our sole discretion by posting such revised Privacy Statement on the Site. Please note the Effective Date of this Privacy Statement at the top of the page. It is your responsibility to review this Privacy Statement regularly for any changes each time that you use the Site and/or the Services or provide us information.
The CertifiKID application and associated website are not intended for use by non-United States persons and you should not use the application or website if you are not located within the United States.
Description of Our Business
CertifiKID connects families with vendors to provide discounts for family experience and children’s adventures and activities. CertifiKID also runs outreach campaigns, promotions, and giveaways to allow vendors and organizations to reach a larger audience of families.
Collection and Use of Your Personal Information
To access and use our Services, we may require visitors to our Site to register for an account (an “Account”). To register for an Account, we may require you to provide us with certain personal information, including, without limitation, your name, email address, and other information that identifies you or that, in combination with other information we hold may reasonably be used to identify you (“Personal Information”).
We may also use the Personal Information you provide when you visit our Site, create an Account, or email or otherwise contact us for additional information on the product offerings and Services we provide. You may choose to opt out of providing your Personal Information by not registering for an Account, not disclosing it to us, or not entering it when asked. Note that some functionality offered through the Site or your access to the Services may be limited if you chose not to disclose your Personal Information.
We will only retain your Personal Information as long as is necessary to deliver the Services to you or for other business purposes.
We process the following types of Personal Information for the following lawful purposes and based upon the legal justification(s) set forth in the parenthetical:
- Submission of Personal Information when you register for an Account (CONSENT)
- Processing Personal Information in order to fulfill an order or provide Services (CONSENT, CONTRACT)
- Your submission of Personal Information when contacting us for customer service, to provide feedback or for other purposes not otherwise described here (CONSENT)
- Your submission of Personal Data to our third party vendors for Services (CONSENT, CONTRACT)
- Collection of Personal Information through the Site (CONSENT)
- Payment information, including, without limitation, bank account information, or credit card / debit card information which we may use when processing any order made by you through the Site (CONTRACT)
- Other information you voluntarily provide (CONSENT)
Legal Basis for Processing
We process your Personal Information with your consent or subject to the performance of a contract to which you are a party or, alternatively, in order to take steps at your request to enter into an agreement. You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
Categories of Personal Information
Generally, we collect the following data elements from you when we process your Personal Information for the purposes we described in this Privacy Statement. We collect:
- Your first and last name
- Email address
- Physical address (including city or state or residence, zip or postal code, and billing address)
- Largest nearby metropolitan area (for purposes of identifying promotions, products, and services that may be relevant to you)
- Product(s) that you purchase or have purchased through our Site, Services that you have used, or Services / products of interest
- Partial credit card information as part of a tokenized payment transaction
- Internet or other electronic network activity (including, without limitation, your IP address which may be used by us to determine in which general geographic location you are located)
Disclosures and Transfers of Personal Information
We do not share with or disclose Personal Information to third parties, except when one or more of the following conditions is true:
- We have your permission to make the disclosure;
- The disclosure is necessary for the purpose for which the Personal Information was obtained;
- The disclosure is permitted by relevant law;
- The Personal Information to be disclosed is otherwise publicly available in accordance with applicable law;
- The disclosure is reasonably related to the sale or other disposition of all or part of our business or assets as more fully described in the “Business Transfers” section;
- The disclosure is for our own marketing purposes, or, with your authorization, for the marketing purposes of third parties;
- The party to whom the disclosure is made controls, is controlled by, or is under common control with CertifiKID;
- The disclosure is in our sole discretion necessary for the establishment or maintenance of legal claims or legal compliance, to satisfy any law, regulation, subpoena or government request, or in connection with litigation;
- The disclosure is to outside businesses to perform certain services for us, such as maintaining our Site or assisting us in the provision of Services, processing payments, providing marketing assistance, or providing data analytics services.
Communications Opt Out
You may opt out of receiving marketing materials from us at any time by sending an email requesting such opt out to [email protected] or by clicking the “unsubscribe” or similar link in any marketing email. Even after such opt-out, you may receive additional emails for a short period of time while we process your request. We also may contact you by email or otherwise with information that is not primarily marketing, for example, regarding updates to the Services or information about your Account or any contracts or arrangements. If, at any time after registering your information, you change your mind about receiving information from us, you may send us a request specifying your new choice.
If you have any questions or comments about the information presented here, please send us an email at [email protected].
- Any information collected within the context of this “Contact Us” section is used only for the express purpose of responding to your comment or question and is not made available for other purposes except to communicate with you in the future.
- It is not required for submission of comments that you provide any personally identifying information, such as your name or your e-mail address. However, that information would be necessary for us to send you a response.
- We collect personally identifiable information (name and e-mail address) only if specifically and knowingly provided by you. When you provide this information, you consent to its use, and you agree that we may use this information to communicate with you in the future.
- Personally identifying information provided by you will only be used in connection with responding to your comment or inquiry and to communicate with you in the future.
- No personal information collected in connection with an inquiry under this “Contact Us” section is sold or otherwise transferred to a third party.
California Residents’ Privacy Rights
This section is applicable to residents of California. If you are a resident of California, you have certain rights described below. The following do not apply to individuals who do not live in California on a permanent basis.
- RIGHTS PROVIDED BY CALIFORNIA CIVIL CODE SECTION 1798.83
A California resident who has provided personal data to a business with whom he/she has established a business relationship for personal, family, or household purposes (a “California Customer”) may request information about whether the business has disclosed personal information to any third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. In general, if the business has made such a disclosure of personal data, upon receipt of a request by a California Customer, the business is required to provide a list of all third parties to whom personal data was disclosed in the preceding calendar year, as well as a list of the categories of personal data that were disclosed. California Customers may request further information about our compliance with this law by mailing us at CertifiKID Holdings, LLC, PO Box 60871, Potomac, MD 20854 or by emailing us at [email protected]. Please note that we are only required to respond to two requests per California Customer each year under Code Section 1798.83.
- RIGHTS UNDER THE CALIFORNIA CONSUMER PRIVACY ACT AND THE CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS ACT
This section of our Privacy Statement provides California residents with a comprehensive description of our online and offline practices regarding the collection, use, disclosure, and sale of personal information and the rights of California consumers regarding their personal information under the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) as revised and updated by the California Privacy Rights Act (“CPRA). This section applies to all California residents (but not including legal entities, such as companies). The section will not apply, however, if we do not collect any personal information about you or if all of the information we collect is exempt from the statute (for example, the CCPA does not protect information that is already protected by certain other privacy laws, and it does not protect information that is already publicly available). “Personal information,” for purposes of this section regarding the rights of California residents, does not include publicly available information that is lawfully made available to the general public from federal, state, or local government records.
- You have a Right to Know About Personal Information Collected, Disclosed, Sold, or Shared
California residents have the right to request that we disclose what personal information we collect, use, disclose, sell or share. This is called the “Right to Know”. Under the Right to Know, you can request a listing of the types of personal information we have collected about you, the sources of that information, how we use the information (e.g., our business or commercial purposes for collecting, selling, or sharing personal information), other individuals and business with whom we share personal information, and the specific pieces of personal information that we have collected about you.
If you would like the above information, you may contact us through our webpage or customer service. Contact information is at the bottom of this section. When you make a request under your Right to Know, we will verify your identity as stated in the “Identity Verification” section, below.
In the last 12 months, we have collected the categories of personal information described above under the section “Categories of Personal Information.” All such information was collected from sources as described above and for the purposes described above. We only disclose such information to third parties as described in the section “Disclosures and Transfers of Personal Information”. We may sell your Personal Information in connection with a promotion or giveaway. Your participation in any such promotion or giveaway may be subject to additional terms and conditions which we may provide in connection therewith, which may include, without limitation, your consent for us to sell and/or transfer your Personal Information in order to fulfill our obligations under such promotion or giveaway.
- You have a Right to Correct Inaccurate Personal Information about You
California Customers have a right to correct inaccurate Personal Information collected or maintained by us. If you would like information about you to be corrected, you may contact us through our webpage or customer service. Contact information is at the bottom of this section. When you make a request for correction, we will verify your identity as stated in the “Identity Verification” section below.
- You have a Right to Request Deletion of Personal Information about You
California Customers have a right to request the deletion of their personal information collected or maintained by us. If you would like information about you to be deleted, you may contact us through our webpage or customer service. Contact information is at the bottom of this section. When you make a request for deletion, we will verify your identity as stated in the “Identity Verification” section below.
- Right to Opt-Out of the Sale or Sharing of Personal Information
California Customers have a right to opt-out of the sale or sharing of their personal information by businesses. We may sell your Personal Information in connection with a promotion or giveaway. If you do not wish for us to sell your Personal Information, you may opt not to participate in any such promotion or giveaway. In addition, we may share your Personal Information with certain of our vendors and/or service providers to deliver the functionality of the Site and the Services. Sharing of such Personal Information may be essential to providing the Site and/or the Services; if you chose to opt-out of such sharing, you acknowledge that the functionality of the Site and/or the Services may be limited or disabled entirely.
- Right to Non-Discrimination for the Exercise of a Consumer’s Privacy Rights
You have a right not to receive discriminatory treatment by us for exercising any of your privacy rights conferred by the CCPA, as amended by the CPRA. We will not discriminate against any California Customer because such person exercised any of the consumer’s rights under the CCPA, including, but not limited to:
- Denying goods or services.
- Charging different prices or rates for goods and services, including through the use of discounts or other benefits or imposing penalties.
- Providing a different level or quality of goods or services.
- Suggesting that the consumer will receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
We may, however, charge a different price or rate, or provide a different level or quality of goods or services, if that difference is related to the value provided to you by your data.
- Identity Verification
If you request to correct inaccurate personal information or request deletion of personal information, we will need to verify your identity before processing your request. When you make a request for your rights to access, correction, or deletion, you can expect the following:
- After you request access, correction, or deletion, you will need to confirm that you want your information accessed, corrected, and/or deleted.
- We will verify your identity. You will need to provide us the following information: email address and full name.
- We will confirm our receipt of your request within 10 days. If you have not received a response within a few days after that, please let us know by contacting us at the webpage or phone number listed below.
- We will respond to your request within 45 days. If necessary, we may need an additional period of time, up to another 45 days, but we will reply either way within the first 45-day period and, if we need an extension, we will explain why.
- In certain cases, a request for access, correction, or deletion may be denied, for example, if we cannot verify your identity, the law requires that we maintain the information, or if we need the information for internal purposes such as providing Services or completing an order. If we deny your request, we will explain why we denied it and delete any other information that is not protected and subject to denial.
- Authorized Agents
If you would like, you may designate an authorized agent to make a request under the CCPA on your behalf. We will deny requests from agents that do not submit proof of authorization from you. To verify that an authorized agent has authority to act for you, we may require a copy of a power of attorney or require that you provide the authorized agent with written permission and verify your own identity with us.
- Contact Information
To request additional information, or make any of the requests described above, you may contact us through our website.
Correcting & Updating Your Information
To update your information or discontinue the Services, email [opt-out email]. We will respond to your correction or update request within at most 30 days from the date of your request. You also may be able to update your information by logging into your Account.
Confidentiality and Security
We maintain reasonable safeguards to protect the Personal Information we collect. While we implement these measures, please note that 100% security is not possible, and we cannot guarantee that the security measures we have in place to safeguard personal information will never be defeated or fail, or that those measures will always be sufficient or effective.
We may assign you a temporary password when you register for your Account or if you reset your password. The temporary password is unique to you and may only be used by you. You may not share your temporary password with anyone else, and you are solely responsible for maintaining and protecting the confidentiality of same. You acknowledge that you play a role in protecting your Personal Information as well.
Social Media Platforms and Websites
Any information, communications, or material of any type or nature that you submit to third-party websites (including, but not limited to any CertifiKID-related or CertifiKID-controlled pages contained on a social media platform, application or website such as Facebook or Twitter) by email, posting, messaging, uploading, downloading, or otherwise (collectively, a “Submission”), is done at your own risk and without any expectation of privacy. We cannot control the actions of other users of any social media platform or website, and we are therefore not responsible for any content or Submissions contained on such sites and platforms or public areas of our Site.
Visiting our Site from Outside of the United States
Your information may be transferred to, and maintained on, computers located outside of your state, province/territory, or country where the privacy laws may not be as protective as those where you live. If you are located outside the United States and choose to provide information to us, please be aware that we transfer your Personal Information to the United States and process and store it there. As a result, this information may be subject to access requests from governments, courts, law enforcement officials and national security authorities in the United States according to its laws. Subject to the applicable laws, we will use reasonable efforts to ensure that appropriate protections are in place to maintain protections on the Personal Information. By submitting your Personal Information, you consent to having your personal data transferred to, processed, and stored in the United States.
If we or any of our affiliates is involved in a merger, acquisition, asset sale, joint venture, or other, similar transaction, we will continue to ensure the confidentiality of any Personal Information. We may transfer or allow access to Personal Information as part of the transaction and in review or preparation for it as described below.
In the event that:
- We engage in one or more asset sales or purchases;
- We are acquired;
- We engage in one or more business combinations, mergers or acquisitions;
- Substantially all of our assets are acquired; or
- We are subject to an event of bankruptcy
you acknowledge and agree that personal and other information comprises an asset of ours and that Personal Information and other information is subject to assignment, transfer and/or acquisition by a third party. Accordingly, and notwithstanding anything to the contrary in this Privacy Statement, you acknowledge and agree that such transfers may occur and that a person or entity that acquires us may continue to subsequently use your Personal Information, and that such subsequent use may not be consistent with this Privacy Statement.
We do not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from children under the age of 13. By using the Site or Services, you represent that you are at least 13 years old. If you are under 13, please do not attempt to register for an Account or send any Personal Information about yourself to us. If we become aware that we have inadvertently received or collected Personal Information from a user of the Site who is under the age of 13, we will attempt to immediately delete that information from our files and records. Furthermore, we encourage users of the Site that are minors that are 13 years of age or older to ask their parents or guardians for permission before sending any information about themselves over the Internet.
If you believe a child who is under the age of 13 has provided us with Personal Information, please contact us at the address listed above.
1. What is a cookie?
Cookies are small text files that are stored on your computer or mobile device. They are widely used in order to make websites work, or work in a better, more efficient way. For example, they can recognize you and remember important information that will make your use of a website more convenient (e.g., by remembering your user preferences).
2. What cookies do we use?
Strictly necessary cookies.
These cookies are essential to the Site in order to facilitate our log-in process (if applicable) or enable you to move around it and to use its features. Without these cookies, we may not be able to provide certain services or features, and the Site may not function properly or perform as smoothly for you as we would like.
In some circumstances, we may use functionality cookies. Functionality cookies allow us to remember the choices you make while browsing the Site and to provide enhanced and more personalized content and features, such as customizing a certain webpage, remembering if we have asked you to participate in a promotion, and for other services you request such as watching a video or commenting on a blog. In order to permit your connection to the Site, our servers receive and record information about your computer, device, and browser, potentially including your IP address, browser type, and other software or hardware information. If you access the Site from a mobile or other device, we may collect a unique device identifier assigned to that device (“UDID”), geolocation data, or other transactional information for that device. All of these features help us to improve your visit to the Site.
We and our service providers may use analytics cookies, which are sometimes called performance cookies, to collect information about your use of the Site and enable us to improve the way it works. Analytics cookies collect information about how you use the Site, for instance, which pages you go to most. The information allows us to see the overall patterns of usage on the Site, help us record any difficulties you have with the Site and show us whether our advertising is effective or not.
Social networking cookies.
These Social plug-in tracking cookies can be used to track both members and non-members of social networks for “additional” purposes such as behavioral advertising, analytics, and market research.
In some circumstances, we may work with third parties to provide services on our Site. For example, we use analytics services supported by third party companies who generate analytics cookies on our behalf. We may not have access to these cookies, although we may use statistical information arising from the cookies provided by these third parties to customize content and for the other purposes described above. These companies also may transfer this information to other parties where required to do so by law or where such other parties process the information on their behalf.
Third-party advertisers and other organizations also may use their own cookies to collect information about your activities on our Site and/or the advertisements you have clicked on. This information, which may be combined with other information acquired from third parties, may be used by them to serve advertisements on our Site and third party sites that they believe are most likely to be of interest to you based on content you have viewed.
Third-party advertisers also may use this information to measure the effectiveness of their advertisements and to track aggregate usage statistics.
We may not control these third-party cookies, and their use may be governed by the privacy policies of the third parties employing these cookies. To learn about these cookies and to disable or reject third-party cookies, please refer to the relevant third party’s website.
For more information about third-party advertising on the Site, see the section on Delivering Advertising in the Privacy Statement.
You can also learn more about controlling cookies in Section 4 below.
4. How can you control cookies?
Please note that by disabling or blocking any or all cookies, some features of the Site may not operate as intended, or you may not have access to features or personalization available through the Site.
Analytics cookies can also be managed via the following links:
- Google Analytics: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
5. How do we respond to DNT (“Do Not Track”) browser signals?
In compliance with California AB 370, Section 22575, we have a responsibility to inform you that the Site does not take any specific automated action in response to browser Do Not Track signals or other similar mechanisms (collectively, “DNT signals”). While your browser may offer you a “Do Not Track” option (which allows you to signal to operators of websites that you do not wish to allow tracking of certain online activities), our Site does not take any actions in response to DNT signals.