Real Mom Review: Chesapeake Beach Water Park in Chesapeake Beach, MarylandBy Piper Reade Scott, CertifiKID Subscriber
Posted Jul 23, 2019
Located in the quaint seaside town of Chesapeake Beach, Maryland, Chesapeake Beach Water Park is a family-friendly gem featuring multiple water slides, lazy river, waterfalls, and more.
We sent one of our MOM Squad ambassadors and her family to experience Chesapeake Beach Water Park. They received free admission in exchange for providing an honest review of their experience.
Save 32% off admission to Chesapeake Beach Water Park with this CertifiKID Deal.
The signboard said Temperature: 92, Feels like: 105. . . it was the perfect day for water park fun! It was the first time I, my 7-year-old daughter, and her friend had visited Chesapeake Beach Water Park. I think the rest of the county had the same idea!
We arrived right at 11 a.m. when the park opened and we waited in line for 30 minutes to get in. By the time we made it into the park, there was no seating left. Thank goodness I brought folding camp chairs!
The park was small enough that my daughter and her friend could take off and have fun on their own, and I could see pretty much the entire park.
There is a “safety break” for 15 minutes every 2 hours. During this time, everyone must be out of the water so that they can test chemical levels. This is also the time that everyone rushes to the grille, which provides many options, from pizza and wraps to salads and burgers—but seems to be a little on the expensive side.
Despite the crowd and the intense heat, both myself and the girls had a wonderful time! We stayed 4 hours and the girls are already asking when they can go back to ride the blue waterslide!
The park was clean and well maintained. Even with the large crowd on the day we visited, staff maintained foot traffic well.
- The water is usually 3 ft deep or less. And with no wave pool, there are no worries about children getting swept away or trampled by larger kids.
- Great line of sight! The park is small enough that you can view the entire area. This made it ideal for grandparents and large families. You can keep your eyes on everyone and it is easy for children to find their families or seating area.
- Lifeguards and staff are stationed everywhere! They are attentive and respond quickly to children who need help or who are behaving inappropriately. I felt completely secure allowing my daughter and her friend to take off on their own.
- They seemed to allow all sorts of flotation devices for kids. Even infants bobbed around the lazy river in little covered baby floats.
- Very limited seating and NO SHADE!
- Very few bathrooms. There were only three working bathroom stalls (two were out of order) in the women’s bathroom. With hundreds of guests at the park, this made for long waits to use the restroom and change.
- There was only one Grille, which also made for a 45-minute or greater wait in line to order food. The eating area was shaded with a few picnic tables, but again, not nearly large enough to accommodate the hundreds of guests at the park. We skipped lunch and stood in the much shorter line for Dippin’ Dots ice cream as a mid-day snack and then ate a late lunch after leaving the park.
Getting There and Getting In
It was an easy drive with no traffic coming from Calvert County. We arrived right when the park opened and we waited in line for 30 minutes to get in. There is ample FREE parking just next to the water park and across the street.
Time Recommended to Enjoy Experience
Definitely plan to spend 3-4 hours at the park with your family.
Recommended Age Range
The waterpark is best suited for children under the age of 10. The water slides were not that thrilling, and older children would get bored easily. Most older children that I saw were chasing each other around the lazy river.
Tips for Families
- Definitely bring your own chairs, as the chairs provided get taken quickly.
- Ages 2 and under are FREE! I don’t think it says this anywhere on their website, but they did tell us at the gate that tickets were not needed for ages 2 or under.
- There is no shade unless you rent a canopy. Be prepared to be in the sun the entire time. The park does rent camping chairs with attached awnings.
- No food/drink (aside from bottled water) is permitted inside the park. There is a nice playground a block away at the end of the street. I would suggest packing a cooler with lunch and leaving it in your car. Leave the water park to have lunch and then return. You will be allowed to leave and re-enter as long as you keep your wristband on.
- The park policy is that they will reissue tickets/rainchecks if they have to shut down due to weather. You have to show your receipt to prove that you have been in the park less than 3 hours in order to get new tickets reissued. However, note that the raincheck policy does NOT apply to discount tickets purchased from a third party, only tickets purchased directly at the park.
- The waterpark has a calendar full of character nights, Friday night slides, swim lessons, and summer holiday events. Get the most out of your money by planning to go when the park offers extended hours or special events.
Would Your Family Visit Again?
My daughter and her friend thoroughly enjoyed the park but we would probably only visit a couple more times over the next year or so before she would outgrow it. I highly recommend this park to families with toddlers.
Do you want the chance to provide your real parent review of one of our deals? Join our MOM Squad Facebook Group (you must be a CertifiKID member to be approved for membership. Not a member? Sign up HERE.).
CertifiKID was founded by a mom with a passion for helping parents provide the best experiences for their children on a budget. From outings to adventures, classes to camps, theater to sporting events, amusement parks to getaways, CertifiKID provides the best family-friendly experiences at unbeatable prices. Sign up for family-friendly deals in your area and start saving!
Explore More Categories
'ParentPreneurs': From Messy Minivan to Multimillion Dollar Company
Real Mom Reviews
Zigazoo: The App Every Parent Should Get Their Kids This Summer
Ready For a 5-Star Trip to Nickelodeon Hotels & Resorts Riviera Maya?
Electric Gamebox: An Immersive, Awe-Inspiring Experience
The Traveling Shows Your Family Won't Want To Miss in 2022