Posted Dec 05, 2018
Thanksgiving break is over, and everyone's attention is now focused on winter break! That means it's time to start planning for your class winter party!
Our friends at SignUp.com have your back with easy SignUps that make it a snap for parents to pitch in and this helpful downloadable Party Checklist, so this year’s winter party with be the Best. Party. Ever.
These five quick tips will help you plan the perfect holiday winter class party.
- Celebration Check: Ask the teacher for school policy on what holiday or holidays can be represented at the party. Many public schools opt for inclusive "Winter-themed" class parties -- think snowpeople, sleds and paper snowflakes.
- Craft Projects/Games: Plan games and/or a craft that is age appropriate, easily completed in 10-15 minutes, and fits with the suggested theme. If completing a craft, ensure EVERYTHING needed is brought to the party, including a trash bag for clean up. Don’t assume the teacher or school will provide any items.
- Snacks: Keep it simple, portable and plan for extras for the teacher, staff and parent helpers. Are there allergies or school guidelines to consider? Popcorn, mandarin oranges, cheese sticks, and apple cider are simple and healthy treats.
- Decorations: Have students make colorful paper chains and hand-cut paper snowflakes to make a room look festive.
- Memories: Don’t forget to pick a volunteer to take photos or videos at the party to be shared with the parents who could not attend.
Head over to SignUp.com to quickly schedule all of your class party needs--from food and drink to paper goods, craft supplies, and decorations. You can build a Holiday Party SignUp in just a few minutes! Invite parents via email or social media, and with just a few clicks parents can sign-up to bring something to the party, or volunteer to help with setup or activities. Automatic reminders to the parents ensure you aren’t scrambling at the last minute to locate paper plates for 30.
Your next classroom party should be merry for everyone, including you! Need more Winter Class Party ideas for treats, games, and crafts to bring even more merriment to your classroom this holiday season? Check out our Holiday Class Party Guide!
CertifiKID was founded by a mom with a passion for helping parents provide the best experiences for their children on a budget. From outings to adventures, classes to camps, theater to sporting events, amusement parks to getaways, CertifiKID provides the best family-friendly experiences at unbeatable prices. Sign up for family-friendly deals in your area and start saving!
Explore More Categories
Celebrating Birthdays While Social Distancing
Got TP Rolls? Check Out These Awesome Kids Craft Ideas!
Staying Healthy While Social Distancing: Our CEO's Daily Routine
Real Mom Reviews
Real Mom Review: Miacademy Online Learning
Coronavirus Survey Results: What Families Want and Need Right Now