Posted Jul 19, 2019
Taking the whole family out to the ball game can be a major drain on the wallet. And let's face it, the tickets are not even the most expensive part. It's the food! The Washington Nationals just announced a BRAND NEW, first-of-its-kind Kids Eat Free program aimed at making it more affordable for families to experience America's pastime together in our nation's capital.
Beginning with their July 22nd game against the Colorado Rockies and running through their Labor Day game on September 2nd against the New York Mets, the Nationals will be the first Major League Baseball (MLB) team to offer FREE meals to all children ages 12 and under at every single home game this summer! The complimentary meal includes a hot dog, choice of chips or applesauce, and a soda or bottled water. Hot diggity dog!
In order to get this free perk, kids must be registered as a Jr. Nationals Kids Club Member (also FREE!). You can do this by visiting the program website, or through the MLB Ballpark App. Current Jr. Nationals Kids Club Members will need to enroll separately in the Kids Eat Free program. The free meal benefit is available immediately upon completing your registration by accessing a voucher code in the MLB Ballpark App, so be sure to download the app on your phone.
Save even more on your family outing to the Nats game by taking advantage of our 47% off ticket offer HERE!
The Kids Eat Free program is the latest in a long list of family-friendly programs and amenities the Washington Nationals offer their young fans that rank them as one of Bleacher Report's Top 15 Kid Friendly MLB Parks. The Nats unveiled the PenFed Kids Fun Zone this season, a brand new play structure located near the Right Field Gate designed specifically for the Nats' youngest fans ages 10 and under. Other family-friendly Nats Park experiences include:
- Signature Sundays - Two Nationals players sign autographs for fans at every Sunday home game starting one hour and ten minutes before the first pitch.
- Kids Run the Bases - All kids ages 4 - 12 are invited to run the bases after every Sunday afternoon home game.
- Racing Presidents Photos - Meet the uber-popular Racing Presidents and take photos with them outside of Section 131 during the 5th inning of every home game.
- First Game, Foul Ball and Home Run Certificates - Commemorate special moments at the ball park with a certificate!
- Lansinoh Nursing Lounge - A dedicated, air conditioned nursing lounge located adjacent to Section 223 that includes TVs, comfy chairs, diaper changing stations, a play area for toddlers and more.
For more information about the Washington Nationals Kids Eat Free program and step-by-step instructions on how to sign up, visit https://www.mlb.com/nationals/tickets/specials/kids-eat-free.
CertifiKID was founded by a mom with a passion for helping parents provide the best experiences for their children on a budget. From outings to adventures, classes to camps, theater to sporting events, amusement parks to getaways, CertifiKID provides the best family-friendly experiences at unbeatable prices. Sign up for family-friendly deals in your area and start saving!
Explore More Categories
Creative Ways to Cut Your Family Budget and Save Money This Year
Meaningful Ways to Celebrate MLK Day With Kids
Krispy Kreme Has New Mini Doughnuts: Here's How to Get Them FREE!
Real Mom Reviews
Real Mom Review: Great Wolf Lodge Waterpark Resort
Real Mom Reviews
Real Mom Review: VR Head in the Cloud Virtual Reality Gaming Center in Falls Church