What is CertifiKid?
CertifiKid is a website that features unbeatable deals on all things families want and need. Since its launch, CertifiKid has featured exclusive deals at incredible savings (often 50% or more off the retail price) from area businesses which have benefited thousands of local families.
You can purchase and print your CertifiKid voucher directly on the website.
Do I have to pay a fee to subscribe?
Absolutely not. It's free to subscribe and become a member of CertifiKid. If you like a CertifiKid deal, purchase it. If the deal becomes active, we'll charge your card within 24 hours after purchase and your deal will be redeemable within 48 hours after purchase. You will receive email updates throughout the process.
How do I buy a CertifiKid deal?
Just click "BUY" before the CertifiKid offer ends.
If the deal goes active (ie, a minimum number of people go for the deal and/or any limit on the number of deals offered is not yet reached), we'll charge your credit card and send you a link to view and print your CertifiKid. The charge will show up on your credit card statement as "CERTIFIKID."
What if the minimum number of buyers required for the deal to go active is not reached?
If there is a minimum requirement and not enough people go for the deal, no one gets it and your credit card won't be charged. Also, if there was a limit on the number of deals offered and this limit was reached, you won't be able to buy the deal. So, please make sure to act fast and spread the word to your playgroups, schools, neighbors, co-workers, friends and family to make sure you get the deal!
I bought a CertifiKid deal - how do I use it?
Once you're charged, you'll receive an email with a link to sign in and view and print your CertifiKid voucher. The CertifiKid voucher has specific redemption instructions so you know how to use it. If you ever cannot find the email from us, you can ALWAYS sign in to your account from our website and see and PRINT all of your vouchers anytime!
Can I buy a CertifiKid as a gift for someone else?
Of course. We are offering family values, so we certainly encourage you to think about your extended family and other families when deciding to purchase a deal. All of our participating businesses know that CertifiKid vouchers can be gifted unless the Restrictions specifically state otherwise.
I keep trying to buy the deal, but it is saying I am not a register user?
If you have already registered on the site, you must login or be logged in to make a purchase. If you have not registered, you must do so first (and set up your user name and password) before starting the payment process. Even if you have subscribed on the site and are thus receiving an email from CertifiKid with our daily deal, you may still need to register in order to make a CertifiKid purchase.
I can’t find my Voucher in my email, can you resend it to me?
This is easy! If you sign into your CertifiKid account on the top right corner of our website, you will see all the Vouchers you have bought. From there you can easily find, print or re-print any of them to use. You will also see all expiration dates, important restrictions and information about the vouchers and you can mark them as USED for your records!
When will CertifiKid be in my city?
Hopefully soon! CertifiKid is currently in the following markets: Washington, D.C. (including Maryland and Northern Virginia), Baltimore (including Annapolis and Howard County), Chicago, Los Angeles, Philadelphia and Pittsburgh.
What payment methods do you accept?
We accept Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover.
Can I get a refund for my purchase?
Since many CertifiKid deals are time-sensitive, we cannot refund your purchase after five (5) business days unless otherwise noted in the deal restrictions. CertifiKid deals cannot be refunded after the promotional expiration date. Additionally, any deal redeemable to a specific ticketed event and venue has no value once the event date and time has passed and is only refundable on the day of purchase unless otherwise noted in the deal restrictions. CertifiKid deals cannot be combined with any other offers. If you need to request a refund, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and provide information regarding the deal you purchased, your username, the email address used to make the purchase, and the reason for your request.
What if the business for my CertifiKid goes out of business?
If anything happens that makes it impossible for you to redeem your CertifiKid voucher, we'll do our best to work with you and the business to find a solution that meets your needs.
Is CertifiKid safe?
Very. Your credit card number is transmitted by SSL directly to a secure electronic vault. Your credit card information will never be stored on our server.
What makes CertifiKid different?
- The other group buying and deal sites target a broader audience (especially young, single professionals) and a broader category of products and services (eg, restaurants, spas, and salons). We are focused on a narrower audience (ie, parents and families) and a narrower business category (ie, family friendly businesses). Most of the businesses featured on our site are not obvious targets for other group buying and deal sites. Thus, we believe we are typically offering CertifiKid's niche audience deals they cannot get anywhere else.
- The other group buying sites and their sales personnel mainly paint a broad brush and focus on the best deals (ie, those that will sell the most and earn them the most). Based on our experience as expert deal finders (http://certifikid.com/about) and the fact that we are the type of customers our participating businesses most covet, the businesses and deals featured on CertifiKid will be ones that we believe will most appeal to CertifiKid's subscribers. In other words, our deals have our special expert seal of approval so that CertifiKid's subscribers receive offers of the most unparalleled variety and quality.
- We do not offer businesses a one size fits all, take it or leave it arrangement. We work with businesses to offer a fantastic deal that suits their needs and goals.
- You and our subscribers are working with our small core team instead of multiple layers of people from another city. This has allowed us to get to know almost every kid-friendly business owner in the area and communicate directly with thousands of area moms and dads as well, leading to a truly “personal” and “local” experience.
- CertifiKid is not just a gateway between participating businesses and our subscribers to make a single business transaction. CertifiKid has become an online playground for families to build relationships with each other and participating businesses that will last beyond the initial transaction.
What is CertifiKid Credit?
The CertifiKid Credit program allows you to get $5 in CertifiKid Credit when a family you refer to the site makes their first CertifiKid purchase. It is a great way for you and your family friends to make and save money and take advantage of more unbeatable CertifiKid family values.
I just sent a referral to another family - what happens next?
When someone you refer subscribes to CertifiKid using your personal referral link and makes their first CertifiKid purchase, we'll send you an email informing you that we've put $5 of CertifiKid Credit in your account.
Are there any limits on the number of people I can refer?
How can CertifiKid Credit be used?
CertifiKid Credit can be applied to any CertifiKid deal we offer. When you're logged into your account on the site, you can check your CertifiKid Credit balance. Your CertifiKid Credit will be used towards your next CertifiKid deal purchases until your balance reaches zero. So, CertifiKid Credit can essentially be used just like cash. If you buy a $50 deal and you have $50 in CertifiKid Credit, you can buy the deal using CertifiKid Credit, without paying any additional money.
Other things to be aware of with the CertifiKid Credit program?
We can only pay you $5 in CertifiKid Credit on your referred family's initial deal. If they previously purchased a deal from CertifiKid, you won't get $5 in CertifiKid Credit for them.
CertifiKid Credit can only be used when purchasing CertifiKid deals. They are not redeemable for cash.
We reserve the right to terminate the CertifiKid Credit program at any time. If the program does end, your personal referral link will become inactive.
Finally, as I'm sure you understand, we reserve the right to withhold issuing any CertifiKid Credit if we believe that you or the person you referred has violated these rules or the site terms.
Feature Your Business
Learn More about how Certifikid can make your business boom.